SASS Wire Forum

LAND RUN 2022 SASS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP

Flat Top Okie

Congratulations on a FULL match and a mostly seamless registration process, at least from my perspective, it may have been total chaos behind the scenes!  :lol:

As with EOT last year and this, I am excited to see these Championship Matches sell out quickly.  It removes the doubt and second guessing of how much to do, and what resources you will have have to do it with, from the long list of tasks and headaches that Match Directors have to deal with for these matches.  Selling out early makes for a much better match, for everyone, at least in my experience.

Now I just need to get busy and work out the rest of the logistics for the trip as I only have...

326 Days Until Land Run!

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Everyone,

The cancellation of the 2021 SASS National Championship and the fact that the Land Run the 2022 National Championship is being held later in the year than it has been in the past has perhaps caused confusion about which regional champions are entitled to a free entry to the SASS National Championship. In an attempt, to resolve this issue and do as much as possible for the shooters who won his or her overall Regional Championships, we will do the following.

Regardless of when in 2021 your regional championship was held, you will receive free entry to the 2022 SASS National Championship. In 2023 we will honor the 2022 regional champions with free a free entry.

If you were an overall winner in a 2021 regional championship and you paid for your entry to the 2022 National Championship, please call me and I will send you a refund for the match. 

Flat Top Okie

405-409-9442 

i would like to congratulate Flat top and his crew for having a match of this size and caliber. It is very good to see the national championship carry the interest it has in the past. As one of the az territorial roughriders we understand the logistics of handling that amount of shooters. Currently being EOT we could have 900 plus shooters if consider waiting list but trying to accomodate the amount of shooters on a possee would end up being inefficient and could never get it done in a reasonable time frame. Would possibly have to extend the match days. Anyway, great job and we know that you will put on a tremendous match!

On 11/10/2021 at 6:50 PM, Dogmeat Dad, SASS #48563L said:

Rumor has it that Lil Feathers & I will be making the journey, might even drag Chuckaroo on the trail with me.  Always good to have someone keep an eye on me and Lil prefers to fly instead of being trapped in a box for 20 hours with me!  Gonna be our 1st Land Run and we are looking forward to it.  Still need to get accommodations set, but probably wait on that until next week when I have a little more free time after our local season ends this weekend.

Anybody familiar with the traffic on RT35 out of Oklahoma City headed towards the range?  Got a couple of places we were looking at on the edge of the city.

We stayed in an AirBnB in Edmond. It wasn’t far from the range and we didn’t experience any bad traffic. Now, I have to say when we were there last year, there was that ice storm - earliest ever… it was crazy and a lot of places didn’t have power so that might account for traffic.  Plus we went to range early and left late since we were vending as well. All in all I didn’t think the traffic around there was bad for a big city. 

look forward to seeing y’all! It’s gonna be fun. 

hugs!

Scarlett

On 11/20/2021 at 7:42 AM, MBFields said:

i would like to congratulate Flat top and his crew for having a match of this size and caliber. It is very good to see the national championship carry the interest it has in the past. As one of the az territorial roughriders we understand the logistics of handling that amount of shooters. Currently being EOT we could have 900 plus shooters if consider waiting list but trying to accomodate the amount of shooters on a possee would end up being inefficient and could never get it done in a reasonable time frame. Would possibly have to extend the match days. Anyway, great job and we know that you will put on a tremendous match!

Ditto on the congrats.

It would be so very nice to be able to allow everyone who has a desire to shoot  these matches, to do so.

But, like you say...very unreasonable to raise the number of entrants above what the ranges, work 'staff'/crew and amount of days can handle.

I am sure Land Run will be an epic match!

Hello All,

Thanks for the kind words and yes, this was the fastest Land Run sell out, by far. The shooter list is current, but we have an additional six for the waiting list. Although, I do expect several cancellations because the registration was one year before the match. Don't be afraid to sign up on the wait list. Thanks to you all.

Flat Top

Hello Everyone,

I just updated our waiting list and we have 55 shooters waiting for a spot to open up. Everyone on the wait list should have received an e-mail showing their place on the list. In the next couple of weeks I will be calling te shooters who requested a category that did not reach the SASS minimum (7 mens & 3 ladies) to allow them to move to a category that did make or combine a few categories. If you see a number on your caller ID from area code 405, please answer. It is not spam. It is me.

Thanks,

Flat Top Okie

Thanks for keeping everyone updated and for all your hard work thus far.

If possible, the next time you update the shooters list, please include the states where the shooter resides as it might help a few folks who are looking to caravan to the match.  Plenty of time to plan, but...

There Are Only 317 Days Until Land Run!  :lol:

Hello All,

We will not be posting shooter categories until we have contacted shooters who signed up for a category that did not meet SASS minimum requirement and give them the opportunity to change. When we post shooter list with category, shooters will have one week to request category change. After that there can be no category changes.  Here's a link to a shooter by states report: 

Thanks,

Flat Top

Who's attending by State.pdf

4 hours ago, Flat Top Okie said:

Hello All,

We will not be posting shooter categories until we have contacted shooters who signed up for a category that did not meet SASS minimum requirement and give them the opportunity to change. When we post shooter list with category, shooters will have one week to request category change. After that there can be no category changes.  Here's a link to a shooter by states report: 

Thanks,

Flat Top

Who's attending by State.pdf 125.04 kB · 28 downloads

Well I guess I’ve got Mississippi covered :ph34r:

13 hours ago, Flat Top Okie said:

Hello All,

Thanks,

Flat Top

Who's attending by State.pdf 125.04 kB · 63 downloads

Santa Fe River Stan is from Florida, not New Mexico.  FYI

41 minutes ago, The Outlaw Travis James said:

Santa Fe River Stan is from Florida, not New Mexico.  FYI

I noted that earlier and did you check out his SASS number?  800,228! That new recruiting program must really be working!:P

On 11/29/2021 at 10:34 AM, Flat Top Okie said:

Hello Everyone,

I just updated our waiting list and we have 55 shooters waiting for a spot to open up. Everyone on the wait list should have received an e-mail showing their place on the list. In the next couple of weeks I will be calling te shooters who requested a category that did not reach the SASS minimum (7 mens & 3 ladies) to allow them to move to a category that did make or combine a few categories. If you see a number on your caller ID from area code 405, please answer. It is not spam. It is me.

Thanks,

Flat Top Okie

Just to throw a monkey wrench into the works, lol, what happens if the minimum number for category is not met, now, shooter changes to another category,  but enough from waiting list get to join in, and have enough then to make the original category? 

7 minutes ago, Nichols Creek, SASS #77627 said:

Just to throw a monkey wrench into the works, lol, what happens if the minimum number for category is not met, now, shooter changes to another category,  but enough from waiting list get to join in, and have enough then to make the original category? 

That made my head hurt.

I would imagine once catagories are set...they are set.

If one drops out, and waiting list drops in...they will join a catagory already set.

1 hour ago, Nichols Creek, SASS #77627 said:

1 hour ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

That made my head hurt.

I would imagine once catagories are set...they are set.

If one drops out, and waiting list drops in...they will join a catagory already set.

This is why Match Directors get paid the big bucks :ph34r: :D

Hello Again,

In response to the question from Nichols Creek, I have checked shooters from the waiting list and there are only two that could effect the categories and I will contact them first. Thanks for the question. Stan's name as sent by the SASS board so his original information was incorrect, but is corrected now.

Flat Top

PS: As per the bigbucks, that Sue mentioned, they are holding mine until the job is done.

14 hours ago, Tequila Shooter said:

Well I guess I’ve got Mississippi covered :ph34r:

If I had a dime for every "Big Buck" I've made as a match director, I'd have exactly $0.00.  Those dang things just don't hold their value! :P 

2 hours ago, Flat Top Okie said:

Hello Again,

In response to the question from Nichols Creek, I have checked shooters from the waiting list and there are only two that could effect the categories and I will contact them first. Thanks for the question. Stan's name as sent by the SASS board so his original information was incorrect, but is corrected now.

Flat Top

PS: As per the bigbucks, that Sue mentioned, they are holding mine until the job is done.

I didn't mention the 'big bucks' !:o

Y'all are pickin' on me!!!:rolleyes:

Tequillia was talkin about how rich Match Directors are getting....wich we ALL know is why everyone wants to run a match!!!:wub:

11 hours ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Hahahaha!!!

You know me well enough to know I COULD have said it!!:D:wub:

Want to let you know that I’ve got the copywrite on “Big Bucks”.  If you use it you’ll owe me $0.01 B) :D :FlagAm:  

4 hours ago, Tequila Shooter said:

Want to let you know that I’ve got the copywrite on “Big Bucks”.  If you use it you’ll owe me $0.01 B) :D :FlagAm:  

Remind me to pay you when I'm in Florida for the Darkness Double Header.  That will be where I spend some "Big Bucks".

Dang-it, now I owe you $0.02!

On 11/29/2021 at 11:34 AM, Flat Top Okie said:

Hello Everyone,

Thanks,

Flat Top Okie

Flat Top Okie,

If it's not too much trouble, you might want to post a list of the categories that DID meet the minimum without naming names of who is in which category.  It will give those who are in categories not on the list a chance to start thinking about their options before you contact them as well as get those whose category did make the cut to stop bugging you!  :lol:

Looking forward to the match, I might even practice my singing...

ooooooklahoma-where-the-wind-blew-my-cart-to-arkansas.thumb.jpg.62f560138283792b059e4ba3ca103e5a.jpg

Thought it would be interesting to see all of the states that are represented in the match, as of the published list dated 19 November 2022.  As of this time, and without taking into account any potential future changes, there are 44 states represented, plus a contingent from Australia.  There may be a few more from overseas as well based on comments from Flat Top Okie.

1682048784_LandRun2022StateMap.jpg.cc1b9a385668dea400ceae25103cb82a.jpg

A true National Championship! 

12 hours ago, Hells Comin said:

Would please change the color of the map to RED

I will take a look and see if I can do that.  It was an internet app and I just went with the defaults.

And Done...

(That disturbance in the force you just felt was all of the blue states crying out in anguish.  As a resident of Deep Blue Maryland, I am smiling...:lol:)

Archived