Coffee

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Coffee said:

The online application seems to be down - will not accept credit card

Where do we find an application??

Coffee

The link still worked to get the application to come up, but I didn't try it as I am registered.  It is possible they disabled it until the process today's mail as they are going by Post Mark Dates and with only 133 more slots available, they could be full by the time they sort all the mail.

By the way,  You are already on the shooters list!  :lol:

Land Run 2022 - Who's Coming - Cowboy Match

Land Run 2022 - Who's Coming - Wild Bunch

49 minutes ago, Flat Top Okie said:

Mail has not been delivered today. It shows we have about 30 on the truck. We will enter them all and update list as soon as delivered. If it is not in the next list update call me.

Flat Top

PS: 405-409-9442

Thanks, really looking forward to attending.

Flat Top & crew are tremendous! Getting this amount of work done and posted just goes to show how them Okies know what they are doing! This will be a first  class match, from registration to last shot fired. 

Hello Everyone,

All applications received by 7:00 PM CST have been processed and confirmation sent by e-mail to shooters. We have 675 signed for Cowboy and 80 signed up for Wild Bunch. That means we have a few spots left, but not many. After we reach our limit, we will start a waiting list. If you are planning to come, please register on line as soon as possible. I will try to update the shooter list tomorrow. Cowtown Scout, Rowdy Bob and Annie Hickok yours came while I was typing this. We will enter you tomorrow.

Thanks,

Flat Top 

On 11/13/2021 at 8:24 AM, Flat Top Okie said:

Hi All,

Sorry that it is taking a little longer than normal to send confirmations. We will get caught up today, I think. We have processed over 500 applications with about 100 received and being processed today. After just a few days we are within 125 of our limit. The good news is that there is still time to enter if you have not entered yet. The application is available online. Do not mail , at this point. I think we will fill up sometime next week. 

Flat Top Okie

Maybe I over looked it online but I couldn’t find the sign up block for Jr shooters ???

17 minutes ago, Flat Top Okie said:

Hi Slick,

It is there and all jr. shooters shoot the main match free, courtesy of Mernickle Leather.

Flat Top

THAT... is Outstanding! Straight up folks there.

Just got my confirmation after submitting my online application last night.  Snuck in under the wire. :ph34r: :P

Looking forward to it, have not been to Land Run in several years now.  :D

Hello All,

We updated our registered shooter list. At 6:00 PM-CST. We have 699 registered with 5 more that just came in. Which means we are less than 20 from our maximum. After we reach 720, we will add names to our waiting list, in the order that they are received. Please check to be sure that your name is on the list if you have registered. If you have friends who say they have registered, verify that their names are on the list. If you plan to register, please do it online tonight. Thank you all for your response. We will do our best to not disappoint you.

Flat Top Okie

10 hours ago, Flat Top Okie said:

...We will do our best to not disappoint you.

Flat Top Okie

Your club, your people, your endless hours of innovation and hard work and your attention to detail never disappoints.

This is going to be a great match.

Hi All,

I just printed the number of shooters by state and it is really great to see so many shooters from East of the Mississippi, who have possibly never been to the National Championship. I will try to post this list on the website.

Flat Top

PS: Texas has 156 and Oklahoma has 84 for the highest number of participants.

1 hour ago, Flat Top Okie said:

Hi All,

I just printed the number of shooters by state and it is really great to see so many shooters from East of the Mississippi, who have possibly never been to the National Championship. I will try to post this list on the website.

Flat Top

PS: Texas has 156 and Oklahoma has 84 for the highest number of participants.

Sure would be great to see the list of states and number of participants of each posted. 

I got to go to my first End of Trail this year and will get to shoot my first National Championship next year.  I'm glad some of these matches are being held closer to the center of the country.  I just can't justify hauling my camper all the way to Arizona.  

It'll be interesting to watch the logistics of a 750 shooter match.  My hats off to the workers of this match.

33 minutes ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

I got to go to my first End of Trail this year and will get to shoot my first National Championship next year.  I'm glad some of these matches are being held closer to the center of the country.  I just can't justify hauling my camper all the way to Arizona.  

It'll be interesting to watch the logistics of a 750 shooter match.  My hats off to the workers of this match.

Yup, my first EOT last year and first National in 2022. Pretty exciting stuff.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

1 hour ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

If you are using that as a reason for not going to matches you are missing a lot of really great shoots and not meeting some really fine Cowboys.

kR

1 hour ago, Kid Rich said:

If you are using that as a reason for not going to matches you are missing a lot of really great shoots and not meeting some really fine Cowboys.

kR

Tell ya what.  I’ll draw up a list of all the matches I want to attend along with the associate expenses.  I know you wouldn’t want me to miss really great shoots and not meeting really fine Cowboys so you’ll be financing my attendance?

2 hours ago, Kid Rich said:

kR

There are a lot of matches on my Wish List that will have to wait until Time and Money are available at the Same Time.  There are also a lot of great matches that I can attend now that make better use of my presently available time and money.

My wife and I travel to Florida twice per year specifically to attend Cowboy matches, a journey of about 950miles, each way, but that is a one day drive each way.

We traveled to Indiana last year for the first time, and hope to be back again this year if the match is scheduled on a weekend we can make it.  A journey of about 600 miles each way, but again, a one day drive each way.

We shoot several local Annual/State Championship matches that are two to four hours away, some of which we can come home from each night and some where we stay in hotels for one night of the match.

We traveled to EOT once, in New Mexico in 2016, a journey of almost 1,900 miles, each way, and although we did it in two days each way, it was a brutal trip.  That match was good, and we had the chance to see a new part of the country, but I would not want to make that trip again in less that three days each way.

Then there is Winter Range, the new EOT, in Phoenix, AZ, a little over 2,300 miles, each way.  Realistically, that's four days of driving, Each Way!  Add that to the match and we are looking at a two week journey, minimum.  And that is without towing a camper, just maybe a small equipment trailer.  Doable, but for the same time and dollars I can attend 4 matches in Florida, a match in Indiana, and Land Run in Oklahoma, visit with a whole lot of great folks, and shoot for a lot more days.  While the facility and match in AZ may be awesome, at the present time, for me personally, my Bang for a Buck is better elsewhere.

We have been fortunate that there have been so many larger matches near us.  The Maryland State Match is held at my home club, 6.5 miles from my house, and the Mason Dixon Stampede, (Formerly the N.E. Regional and Eastern Divisional) is 35 miles from home.  The WV Championship is about 2 hours from home, and the Delaware Championship is also about 2 hours from home, even at it's new location, and the PA Championship is about 4 hours from home.  Lots of good matches near by that is for sure.

Certainly, there are big matches I would love to attend.  Off the top of my head, Hell On Wheels, Comin' At Cha, and yes Winter Range/EOT in Arizona, have been on my wish list for a long, long, time, but it's just not feasible at the moment, maybe not ever, but certainly not now.  Land Run had always been on my wish list, but with it being the new National Match, this was the year to add it to the calendar, and at 1,300 miles each way, it's an easy two day drive each way.  I'm glad we got in, and hope to be able to return many times in the future.

3 hours ago, Kid Rich said:

kR

Seems to me I was very specific in what I said to Bob, If there are other mitigating factors I'm sure he would have posted that. I know him and am pretty sure he did not take umbrage at what I said, I consider him to be a friend. As far as the two replies to what I posted sounds to me like somebody went way off the rails.

kR

9 hours ago, Kid Rich said:

Seems to me I was very specific in what I said to Bob, If there are other mitigating factors I'm sure he would have posted that. I know him and am pretty sure he did not take umbrage at what I said, I consider him to be a friend. As far as the two replies to what I posted sounds to me like somebody went way off the rails.

kR

I certainly didn't take any offense at what Kid Rich said.  I've shot with him several times and consider him a friend. 

We are blessed with lots of good matches around the southeastern U.S.  We generally shoot about 7 big matches a year and try to camp on the range, if possible.  Actually, part of our selection process includes the availability of range camping.  

I'd love to be able to travel the county endlessly and go from match to match.  However, I married my sweetheart about 38 years ago and she has her limitations.   She's not willing to give up the house for a nomadic lifestyle.  She's ok with about 3 weeks as long as most of that time is stationary.

Actually stretching the range out to Oklahoma is pushing my luck but we've done Commin a cha several times.  That was my argument anyway and it worked this time. 

10 hours ago, Kid Rich said:

Yadda yadda some stuff.....

I know him and am pretty sure he did not take umbrage at what I said, I consider him to be a friend.

Yadda yadda some other stuff.

I don't know kR, Bob's been know to take a few things and if it looks like rain I'm purdy sure you'd be missing your umbrage if'n ole Evil Bob is in the territory. :D:lol:

Kajun

I got confirmation so I guess I’ll try again.  I signed up for the match in 2020, the plan was that we were going to go to the SE Regionals then drive over to Land Run for the SW Regional.  If anyone remembers there was an ice storm so we got stuck in a little town just inside of OK waiting for the roads to reopen.  We finally get there, and set up camp in the shotgun camping area.  We got a call late that afternoon that hurricane Zeta took out our fence, part of a tree and took off part of the roof.  So we spent the night at the range, next morning I picked up my shooters packet and left to get back home.  I wound up with an expensive mug and tee shirt, don’t get me wrong they were very nice, but not worth the $$.   I’m hoping to have better luck next year. 

57 minutes ago, Tequila Shooter said:

I got confirmation so I guess I’ll try again.  I signed up for the match in 2020, the plan was that we were going to go to the SE Regionals then drive over to Land Run for the SW Regional.  If anyone remembers there was an ice storm so we got stuck in a little town just inside of OK waiting for the roads to reopen.  We finally get there, and set up camp in the shotgun camping area.  We got a call late that afternoon that hurricane Zeta took out our fence, part of a tree and took off part of the roof.  So we spent the night at the range, next morning I picked up my shooters packet and left to get back home.  I wound up with an expensive mug and tee shirt, don’t get me wrong they were very nice, but not worth the $$.   I’m hoping to have better luck next year. 

We stayed in a small RV park just east of the range just in the fringe of where the ice was starting and went in the next day after it had warmed up a bit.

kR

All signed up, accommodation at Best Western ground floor, now just got to negociate the covid BS and, find a reasonable air fare.:rolleyes:

Hello Shooters,

Although the cowboy match is full and we have a waiting list, the Wild Bunch National Championship still has openings. You can enter the Wild Bunch match and be on the waiting list for cowboy.

Thanks, 

Flat Top 

Archived