SASS Wire Forum

LAND RUN 2022 SASS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP

Flat Top Okie

Got our confirmations yesterday.  Fantastic shoot.

Jackrabbit Joe & Sly Puppy

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

YeeHaa! Got my confirmation!!!

Hi All,

Sorry that it is taking a little longer than normal to send confirmations. We will get caught up today, I think. We have processed over 500 applications with about 100 received and being processed today. After just a few days we are within 125 of our limit. The good news is that there is still time to enter if you have not entered yet. The application is available online. Do not mail , at this point. I think we will fill up sometime next week. 

Flat Top Okie

I’ve only refreshed my screen on my email a million times today. My fingers are crossed that my entry made it in time. :ph34r:

11 minutes ago, Nellie Blue #54399 said:

I’ve only refreshed my screen on my email a million times today. My fingers are crossed that my entry made it in time. :ph34r:

Nellie, If they run out of room - We will just sneak you in.

7 minutes ago, Dream Chaser, SASS #79316 said:

Nellie Blue, mine went to my spam.

I’ve been checking that too. LOL

11 hours ago, Flat Top Okie said:

Hi All,

Sorry that it is taking a little longer than normal to send confirmations. We will get caught up today, I think. We have processed over 500 applications with about 100 received and being processed today. After just a few days we are within 125 of our limit. The good news is that there is still time to enter if you have not entered yet. The application is available online. Do not mail , at this point. I think we will fill up sometime next week. 

Flat Top Okie

So, if we got the email from you we're IN??

1 hour ago, Totes Magoats said:

Got our confirmation today. We mailed on Monday. Holiday probably slowed it down. 

Looks like the RV spots filled up as we got the waiting list. 

Anyone know the likelihood of getting a spot from the waiting list?

Totes

Totes...we always dry camped. Great little area. In Oct, you won't need AC!!!

Hello Everyone,

With the time required to process the more than 600 applications and the concerns of shooters who have not received confirmation. I can tell you that every shooter who has mailed or registered online "you are in". We have space for approximately 100 additional shooters so we will probably max out later this week so I would not risk mailing. Please register online. Thanks for your patience and support

Flat Top

PS: I am sorry that all of our 100+ RV hookups are now taken. We have nice dry camping areas and there are other RV parks in the area

On 11/12/2021 at 11:05 AM, Will Kane said:

Looking forward to receiving my confirmation soon. USPS says my registration was delivered yesterday, shortly after Noon. 

Received my confirmation this morning. Yay!

I am in for the Match but waitlisted for the camping with water and electric.   How is the dry camping there?  Is there access to refill the water tank and dump the grey and black tanks?

Hi Null,

yes you will have a place to fill tour water tank and we are arranging for a company to drain grey and black tanks. Anyone who needs to dump will pay the company direct. I am still negotiating the cost.

Flat Top

I'm registered and will be dry camping.  Looking forward to meeting some new campfire buddies.

I assume there are spots there for campfires.  I like to do a lot of cast iron campfire cooking,

General question about parking small cargo trailers.

I will be driving in from the East Coast (about 1300 miles) and likely hauling a small 5' x 8' cargo trailer cram packed with gun carts and supplies for myself and a few others.  Is there a place on the range within walking distance to the shooting bays where the trailer can be parked for the duration of the event?  Not planning on leaving any guns in there, just carts, umbrellas, chairs, a table for cleaning guns, and that sort of stuff.

1 hour ago, Flat Top Okie said:

Dogmeat Dad,

Yes there is a place where you can park your little trailer.

Flat Top

Thank you.  I am looking forward to the trip.  We did that the year we went to EOT and it worked out pretty well, although pushing our monster cart up the hill to the top of the camping area where they has us park was pretty, shall we say, exhilarating.  :rolleyes:    Rumor has it that won't be as much of an issue in Oklahoma.  :lol:

Hello All,

Time for an update. Every application that was sent before 4:00 PM CST has been entered and confirmed. We will be posting a list of all registered shooters very soon. Check the website alter today or tomorrow. Thanks to you all.

Flat Top

7 hours ago, Dogmeat Dad, SASS #48563L said:

General question about parking small cargo trailers.

I will be driving in from the East Coast (about 1300 miles) and likely hauling a small 5' x 8' cargo trailer cram packed with gun carts and supplies for myself and a few others.  Is there a place on the range within walking distance to the shooting bays where the trailer can be parked for the duration of the event?  Not planning on leaving any guns in there, just carts, umbrellas, chairs, a table for cleaning guns, and that sort of stuff.

DD,

They have always been great in offering Sassy and I a spot for our little trailer.  I have always felt anything left in it very save when near ether vendors or RVs.

On 11/11/2021 at 12:35 PM, Dream Chaser, SASS #79316 said:

Wymite Wrangler,

Oh no on La Quinta, I booked it a few hours ago.  Will rethink since I can cancel.  

The Best Western on 2nd Avenue Edmond is pretty good. Right close to a lot of restuarants, bar etc.

Thanks for all of your hard work!  I love looking to see who's coming so I can be sure to look up some old friends when I am at a match.  You guys have been doing at least double duty to get this done!

Holy Cow!  When did Santa Fe River Stan move to New Mexico?  Someone better tell Mrs. Stan (or maybe not! :o:lol:)   And SASS #800228 too?  That new recruiting program must be really working! :lol:

7 hours ago, Jackaroo, # 29989 said:

The Best Western on 2nd Avenue Edmond is pretty good. Right close to a lot of restuarants, bar etc.

We use to stay at the Best Western, but the last year we stayed there, we had to go stay on the Second floor and there is no elevator in the building, and the stairs are steep...

Yee Haw!!!  I'm on the who's coming list so I guess my application did arrive.  I never did receive any email confirmation and the who's coming list shows me living in Colorado instead of Georgia, but that's little stuff.  I guess I'll wait and see if I got a hook up camp site or do I need to bring the generator.  I've got almost a year before I need to worry about that.  It's just good to be on the list.

Archived