SASS Wire Forum

LAND RUN 2022 SASS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP

Flat Top Okie

Hello Everyone,

I know that you have all been waiting for the online registration to open for The 2022 Land Run.  The link to register is  cowboy.okcgunclub.org/landrun  Please register as soon as possible.

The Terriorial Marshals look forward to seeing you all.

Thanks,

Flat Top Okie

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Raton Rick said:

I mailed my application in a couple of days ago. Should I be worried about the online registrations filling up the match before you receive my application in the mail?

Ditto.

Mine is suppose to arrive by mail today.  Of course I still worry hundreds might jump on the computer this morning and beat me in.  That would be heartbreaking but surely I am safe.  So, so many people have expressed an interest in attending that it is a tribute to the Territorial Marshals for the fine matches I hear they put on.

My online application was completed this morning!  Email notice of receipt of payment received.  Now comes the (long?) wait for approval for my attendance.

Mine says it's sitting in the OK City distribution center. Mailed Monday AM.

Rumor has it that Lil Feathers & I will be making the journey, might even drag Chuckaroo on the trail with me.  Always good to have someone keep an eye on me and Lil prefers to fly instead of being trapped in a box for 20 hours with me!  Gonna be our 1st Land Run and we are looking forward to it.  Still need to get accommodations set, but probably wait on that until next week when I have a little more free time after our local season ends this weekend.

Anybody familiar with the traffic on RT35 out of Oklahoma City headed towards the range?  Got a couple of places we were looking at on the edge of the city.

35 minutes ago, Dogmeat Dad, SASS #48563L said:

Rumor has it that Lil Feathers & I will be making the journey, might even drag Chuckaroo on the trail with me.  Always good to have someone keep an eye on me and Lil prefers to fly instead of being trapped in a box for 20 hours with me!  Gonna be our 1st Land Run and we are looking forward to it.  Still need to get accommodations set, but probably wait on that until next week when I have a little more free time after our local season ends this weekend.

Anybody familiar with the traffic on RT35 out of Oklahoma City headed towards the range?  Got a couple of places we were looking at on the edge of the city.

It is not bad at all! The bridges can be rough if any weather has been had...

You will enjoy yourselves.

The airport is easy access as well!

6 hours ago, Dream Chaser, SASS #79316 said:

Saw a nice list of motels/hotels.  Any particular one shooters seem to prefer?

We changed to the La Quinta last year after staying there on a trip several years ago, and were extremely disappointed.  We reported roaches in the room the first day and they never came to take care of them.  that was just the tip of the iceberg, we won't be staying there this trip...

1 hour ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

It is not bad at all! The bridges can be rough if any weather has been had...

You will enjoy yourselves.

The airport is easy access as well!

Thanks for the information, and I am looking forward to it.  I've been THROUGH Oklahoma a couple of times, OVER Oklahoma a whole bunch of times, but this may be my first STOP in Oklahoma! :lol:

Funny thing about the airport.  I can get Lil a direct flight on Southwest from BWI to Dallas that is about 3 1/2 hours or a flight to OKC that has at least 1 stop and can take from 5 1/2 hours to 7 1/2 hours!  You know what they say...Happy Wife-Happy Life.  My life will be MUCH happier if I fly her to Dallas and drive there to pick her up.  It's only 3 hours each way...:P

Still have lots of time to plan the logistics, but figured I would at least try to get the Hotels locked down.

Thanks again for the information, and see you there.

1 hour ago, WymoreWrangler SASS 46187L said:

We changed to the La Quinta last year after staying there on a trip several years ago, and were extremely disappointed.  We reported roaches in the room the first day and they never came to take care of them.  that was just the tip of the iceberg, we won't be staying there this trip...

At least that means they are pet friendly.  :D

Lucky they didnt try to charge you more.

I found some really good deals on airbnb.

We are renting a 2 bedroom, 1.5 bath house for less than most hotel chains.

Sierra Starr and I got ours in. 

Have always loved Land Run. Great range ran by great folks. 

Think we will be camping at the shotgun range. We like it over there. 

Hopefully next to some good friends. Kick back. Grill steaks. Plot stages out.

Dang.

Wish it was not so far away. I'm ready to do it now.  

35 minutes ago, Creeker, SASS #43022 said:

Steaks?  Seared red meat? 

Let me know where and when.  :D

Be careful now, it's Indian Country!  They might have a different meaning when they talk about Stakes and Grillin'!  :o

6932317_CowboyStakedtotheground.thumb.jpg.37eb3df7d21ee3a36ade8b55bd3233e0.jpg

On 11/10/2021 at 3:08 PM, Creeker, SASS #43022 said:

The Creeker Crew is registered - 4 main match entries - 8 warm up matches.

Now to find a place to stay and figure out where all this ammo is coming from...

Hey there CREEKER we’re staying at LaQuinta in Edmond

59 minutes ago, Blacksmith Jim #68489 L TG said:

Hey there CREEKER we’re staying at LaQuinta in Edmond

I found a 2 bedroom, 1.5 bath in OKC on AirBNB for less than $100/ night.

Far cheaper than getting a room at a hotel for myself and Painted Lady.  And then another for Desert Scorpion and her boyfriend Cadillac.

We will see you there.

Ozark Belle and I got our confirmations for both matches yesterday.  Looking forward to it.

3 hours ago, Possum Skinner, SASS#60697 said:

Creeker, I'm very much looking forward to meeting you.

Possum

Possum, my friend - you have got to raise your standards.  :D  

And don't believe anything Nellie Blue has ever said about me.

HI Everyone,

We received about 375 entries the first day and the post office was closed for Veterans Day yesterday. They show over 100 envelopes being delivered today. We expect to be at 600 plus by the weekend. We have secured special rates and room blocks for nearby hotels. The information is in the "Where to Stay tab" on our website. cowboy.okcgunclub.org We look forward to seeing everyone.

Archived