SASS Wire Forum

Reccomendations for "big&close/stand and deliver" annuals

Tell Sackett SASS 18436

We just attended Battle of Plum Creek last weekend. Great match, but a lot of movement. Not a problem for me, but my wife hobbles these days, so I'm thinking for her sake we ought to seek out a match or two with LESS movement!

Are there any out there?

Talk to Too Tall Bob. He does the monthly matches in Tombstone, home of Bordertown that is a legend of big and close and not much movement.

47 minutes ago, Assassin said:

Hell On Wheels!

Oh' you said "no" movement.

No, I didn't say that. I said LESS movement. Get your facts right!

The reason we can never go to Hell On Wheels again: EXCESSIVE movement!  My wife could never handle the movement now. We barely made it through years ago when we shot it!

It's not a match for the pysically handicapped!

42 minutes ago, Cholla said:

Talk to Too Tall Bob. He does the monthly matches in Tombstone, home of Bordertown that is a legend of big and close and not much movement.

That was my suspicion. It's on the top of my list! 

I just wanted some input on various places. Variety, you know!

24 minutes ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

Lots of the big matches around the S.E. are big and close but they usually have multiple shooting positions.  

To correct someone-I never said NO movement. I doubt such a mach exists.

I'm just interested in some places to take my wife where her disabilities won't be quite as much of a handicap!

Is that a bad thing?

11 minutes ago, Tell Sackett SASS 18436 said:

I'm just interested in some places to take my wife where her disabilities won't be quite as much of a handicap!

Is that a bad thing?

Not a bad thing. My knees don't work as well as they did 30 years ago.

Tell, it was good seeing y'all again last weekend.  I'm thankful I can still move pretty well, at least once I'm on my feet.  One thing from the "good old days" that I don't miss is shooting prone or sitting in a bathtub or kneeling and then having to get up.   

Here's what we need: Stages shot from a hot tub! My knees and back feel great in our hot tub!

21 hours ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

Tell, it was good seeing y'all again last weekend.  I'm thankful I can still move pretty well, at least once I'm on my feet.  One thing from the "good old days" that I don't miss is shooting prone or sitting in a bathtub or kneeling and then having to get up.   

Thats for sure!!:P

Archived