SASS Wire Forum

Baseball bat for high school

Trigger Mike

6 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

IMO the thing that bites all young athletes is the thought “I could be that good if I had a bat, glove, shoes like him.”  It takes more than equipment.

That belief has bitten at least 9 out of 10 SASS shooters.

9 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

IMO the thing that bites all young athletes is the thought “I could be that good if I had a bat, glove, shoes like him.”  It takes more than equipment.

You wanna hit the ball more consistently;  hit the batting cages 'til u you have calluses. You wanna hit the ball further; hit the weight room 'til you have 12# more muscle.

Got 3 grandsons on select teams.

YES.

Bats are high. All of it is high.

Most of the kids by the time they hit high school have been playing on select teams for some time.

Even the 8U and 9U teams are starting to travel some.  

9 minutes ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

So much for the BS about CAS being so expensive.  Heck go buy a bass boat, motor, rod and reel.

....... and then call into a "fish shop" on the way home so that you have something to put in the freezer ;)

4 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

That belief has bitten at least 9 out of 10 SASS shooters.

Same with some ISSF shooters, they shoot on average between 200-300 out of a possible score of 600 each week with a Browning, Hi-Standard, Ruger etc and think that getting a Benelli, Hammerli or Pardini will get them up to A Grade 555.

They always blame their cheap guns for poor scores and that the better shooters are 'buying their scores' ..... I've shot 'A' Grade with all the above pistols. They don't realise that if their shooting 530 - 540 that then a more expensive Olympic grade ISSF pistol might just get them over the 'A' Grade line and 555+ but you CAN'T buy 355 or 255 points!

I keep telling him that a good hitter can hit with anything.   I have even told him that a good shooter can shoot good with any gun.  

I have added that,  yes I hit better with a wilson than I do a colt 1911, but I hit just the same.  

A better bat might help him hit harder or further but if you can't connect with the ball, a $1000 bat won't help.

22 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Not just athletes and SASS shooters. AR lovers are especially prone to this. They have to spend thousands on a LaRue or Daniel Defense claiming that their rifle has to be good enough to go to Afghanistan with, when all they ever really do with them is ring steel in a gravel pit somewhere. Bonus points for trashing other guys' rifles that cost under $1000.

Archived