SASS Wire Forum

SOLD: Marlin Rifle for Sale

Bluebird

1894C Lever Action Marlin Rifle.  18.5" Barrel, .357 Mag/38 Special.  Checkered walnut Stock.  Bought new in 2019.  Excellent condition.  Shortened length of pull to fit my 5'4" height.  FFL required to facilitate sale.  $800.  Contact Lisa Seeley (Bluebird, #107415) at seeleylisa@gmail.com for pictures or questions.  Location is Portland, OR. 

I recommend not posting your phone # or e-mail as this is a public forum. Use PM to communicate.

btw; does anyone have a Marlin 1894 in 41 mag that needs a new home? It won't be a quiet calm home. It will make noise at many Cowboy, Silhouette and Steel Challenge matches and perhaps 3Gun against new fangled ARs.

While I don't expect I'll ever rationalize paying a premium for the pristine versions that haven't been allowed out to play I would buy a well used one. Surface rust, scratches, nicks...whatever. If that's what it takes to get a 41 I'll accept that. I'm going to use it myself. I'll have it and use it 'til the end.

meanwhile I've forwarded this listing to someone that wants a 357.

On 11/12/2021 at 1:15 PM, meesterpaul said:

btw; does anyone have a Marlin 1894 in 41 mag that needs a new home? It won't be a quiet calm home. It will make noise at many Cowboy, Silhouette and Steel Challenge matches and perhaps 3Gun against new fangled ARs.

While I don't expect I'll ever rationalize paying a premium for the pristine versions that haven't been allowed out to play I would buy a well used one. Surface rust, scratches, nicks...whatever. If that's what it takes to get a 41 I'll accept that. I'm going to use it myself. I'll have it and use it 'til the end.

meanwhile I've forwarded this listing to someone that wants a 357.

I have a .41 Magnum revolver and have always wanted a Marlin in that chambering.  They are really dear, though.  I'm hoping Ruger will consider reintroducing it, since they make revolvers in that chambering.

On 11/14/2021 at 8:07 AM, Abe E.S. Corpus SASS #87667 said:

I have a .41 Magnum revolver and have always wanted a Marlin in that chambering.  They are really dear, though.  I'm hoping Ruger will consider reintroducing it, since they make revolvers in that chambering.

That's what I was thinking also. Already sent a request to Henry now that they make sideloaders in other calibers but they've paused on 41. Ruger is a possibility and I'd prefer the sideload and side eject.

Archived