SASS Wire Forum

Anyone hear HERE a Dr. Gideon Fell fan?

Alpo

I used to have a few of his books. One of them had a Colt Single Action Army that jumped off the wall and shot somebody.

I have recently come into a large collection of Dr. Fell, and would like to reread that one first, and then start at the beginning and read the series in order.

The trouble is I cannot recall the title of that book. Does it sound familiar to anyone?

Dr. Fell was a character by John Dickson Carr. He was more like Mycroft than Sherlock. He would go to the crime scene, but he seemed to do more sitting and thinking than wandering around and sleuthing.

• Alpo changed the title to Anyone hear HERE a Dr. Gideon Fell fan?
7 minutes ago, Crazy Gun Barney, SASS #2428 said:

Here they are:

image.thumb.png.c99b3b5604bf26bf222d71f0bccacb65.png

image.png.73f5bcacde1453360739d3292fd52d75.png 

Not only is that one of the ones I have, but it is very close to what I thought it was. The first one I read of my new collection was the constant suicides, because I remembered that one from before, and it is the best of the Fells that I have read.

I am currently reading the wire cage, thinking that was the one I wanted. In this one the murder takes place in a fenced-in tennis court - a wire cage.

So I was close. I read the one after it, and am now reading the one before it. :)

Archived