SASS Wire Forum

Yellowstone.

Utah Bob #35998

Without giving anything away I hope, I don’t like their attitude towards the nurses and doctors, you know who I’m talking about. :angry:

Well, if you were hoping for some action, you got some.  The gunfight with the militia might help the Karens to understand the difference between semi-auto and full auto.

A modernized version of the Open Range gunfight.

And how about Tate in the kitchen?

I liked it...in case you could not tell.

LL

The best line in the show was from the kid!!  He told Rip that he’d “outkicked his coverage”!  I laughed’til I couldn’t!!:lol: :lol:

With all the new rules for kickoffs and punts, the kid pulled out an oldy!!  It certainly nailed that relationship!! :lol: :lol:

I’m STILL chuckling!!

It was good, BUT I am still a little chagrined by the language. It just seems to me that the F word is used a lot more than necessary. It just doesn't need to be in the dialog so much.

56 minutes ago, Trigger Mike said:

My teenage son got us to try it so we watched the first episode Saturday night and are recording what is on now and may try and catch up.  

It seemed OK, but not great to me so I imagine it gets better as it goes.  

Definitely does. Season 1 episodes 1-3 were really slow to me, but by episode 5 or so I was all in.  I don't care for the language, but I reckon I can overlook it.

Season 4 so far is pretty epic!

1 hour ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

The best line in the show was from the kid!!  He told Rip that he’d “outkicked his coverage”!  I laughed’til I couldn’t!!:lol: :lol:

With all the new rules for kickoffs and punts, the kid pulled out an oldy!!  It certainly nailed that relationship!! :lol: :lol:

I’m STILL chuckling!!

He's not wrong!

1 hour ago, Yellowhouse Sam # 25171 said:

Well, that’s odd we saw nothing more of Monica and Tate

I thought the exact same thing, but Missus Tyrel said she saw them in the previews for later in the season.

8 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

I’m STILL chuckling!!

Yep. Me too. 

My other favorite, not used last night, or probably never in Yellowstone , but carrying the same meaning is "you're punching way above your weight class". I hear both of those a lot when people meet my wife. 

Loophole, is the gunfight with the militia the one on the road at the beginning or the one at the ranchhouse at the beginning? Also, I've missed something; just who is the militia? 

PF

Both gunfights involved the militia, I believe.  There were some unexplained holes in last night's episodes.  If you saw earlier seasons, members of a militia group were involved in kidnapping Tate, and were attacked and decimated by Dutton's livestock agents.  My sense last night is that the militia returned to take revenge, or perhaps were motivated by Dutton's other enemies (the Tribe, the developers, or others).  At any rate, and armed group shot the daylights out of Dutton, were pursued by Kayce (livestock agent) terminating in the crossroads shootout.  Simultaneously, an armed group attacked the ranch (and I believe they were also militia.  

LL

Great start to the new season .

Seems like it been two years waiting for this season to start .

Those hits on Dutton would have ended him ....... he is an awesome actor though , never seen him with a bad performance yet . On another note , the prequel to this series (1893) , with Sam Elliot looks damn good too !

i really liked the scene last night of his ancestor giving respect and assistance to the small Indian group on the land.

Based on what was shown , that was honor and respect and the way the world should work .

9 hours ago, Okie Sawbones, SASS #77381 said:

Anybody wanna look in my cooler?

I'm surprised at how fast I can still duck and how fast my gal can leap out of her seat...surprisingly spry gal.

10 hours ago, Yellowhouse Sam # 25171 said:

Well, that’s odd we saw nothing more of Monica and Tate

I was wondering that myself.

2 hours ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

Both gunfights involved the militia, I believe.  There were some unexplained holes in last night's episodes.  If you saw earlier seasons, members of a militia group were involved in kidnapping Tate, and were attacked and decimated by Dutton's livestock agents.  My sense last night is that the militia returned to take revenge, or perhaps were motivated by Dutton's other enemies (the Tribe, the developers, or others).  At any rate, and armed group shot the daylights out of Dutton, were pursued by Kayce (livestock agent) terminating in the crossroads shootout.  Simultaneously, an armed group attacked the ranch (and I believe they were also militia.  

LL

Assuming Jamie is being straight in his denial of being responsible for the attack that is a valid hypothesis. Well done.

but his dad………

I'll have to watch it again.  Reminded me of the old movie serials.  The hero is going over a cliff in a car screaming his head off on the way down.  Yet, in the next episode the hero miraculosly jumps out before the car goes over the cliff.

17 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Assuming Jamie is being straight in his denial of being responsible for the attack that is a valid hypothesis. Well done.

but his dad………

That's a big "but"....the Old Man was giving Jamie advice that to take the kingdom (the ranch or its equivalent) it was necessary to kill the king (Dutton).  I wouldn't put it past him.

LL

28 minutes ago, Buffalo Bill Mathewson, 37826 said:

Can yellowstone be watched on line free? I like to save money for primers.

There are no primers to buy so that excuse don't wash.

5 hours ago, Trigger Mike said:

Is the problems in Yellowstone remotely accurate?  Us there tension between local ranches and Indians etc?

Well like every drama on tv or movies things are exaggerated quite a bit.

But, it’s hard to convey to people how different the West is from the East and Midwest. Water and property rights, development, government regulation, native tribes issues are all pretty big deals out here. Some hard feelings go back over a hundred years. Things rarely escalate to firefights and bombings fortunately. It’s a different environment here, physically, economically and politically.

Archived