SASS Wire Forum

Powder Throwing Charge Size Difference

Quiet Burp

Well as far as variation, I’d say it’s a safe bet very few people actually have much tighter tolerances in the stuff they actually shoot for this sport. 

as long as you aren’t loading full power (max. Not to exceed) loads, it’s not a problem.   
The throw weight differences seem to come down to how the powder compacts in the auto- disk…. 
If you were working up that “perfect” load for long range precision shooting, that difference would be noticeable.

We’re shooting manhole sized targets point blank, and still missing….  It t’aint the ammo’s fault..  ;)

it depends on the powder , some will vary a lot in measure by their nature - there are flake , ball , stick and every one drops a bit differently , but generally speaking with powder in the red dot , clays . 700x burn rates you will be OK in the 38/357 area , you need to know there are a lot of other variables in bullet weight and desired velocity/pressure to consider , 

i load at 3 grains of red dot myself 

Try tapping the powder measure between each round. I have done that and got consistent charges that way

Archived