SASS Wire Forum

Will a Kirst converter work in a 70's Uberti?

Stopsign32v

Kirst says yes, right at the top of the Remington page:  "The Kirst “Equalizer” conversion cylinder will work in all Uberti or Pietta percussion revolvers, regardless of when they were manufactured."

https://kirstkonverter.com/1858-remington.html

Yeah.  Universal fit across different generations of Ubertis, plus and the new cylinder will work with an older conversion ring as well.  It is a 5-shot (for .45 anyway, not sure about .38) with notches between cylinders for the firing pin.

Are you planning on lining the barrel?  I have a Kirst in a '61 Navy with an unlined barrel, and at least at CAS distances I haven't missed any in the 5 or 6 matches I shot it.

8 minutes ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

Yeah.  Universal fit across different generations of Ubertis, plus and the new cylinder will work with an older conversion ring as well.  It is a 5-shot (for .45 anyway, not sure about .38) with notches between cylinders for the firing pin.

Are you planning on lining the barrel?  I have a Kirst in a '61 Navy with an unlined barrel, and at least at CAS distances I haven't missed any in the 5 or 6 matches I shot it.

No, I got a Rapine 358-148 and Rapine 358-158 mold which are both hollow base molds. Plan to cast with a low BHN and help maximize the skirt sealing. That is my plan anyways...

Archived