SASS Wire Forum

The crime of being a pimp

Alpo

If they arrest a streetwalker, they say she was arrested for soliciting.

But if they arrest her pimp, what is the name of the crime they charge him with? Pandering? Something else? Pandering is the only term I can think of.

I thought soliciting, or solicitation, would only apply to the girl. Never heard of promotion of prostitution, although I like that name.

Pimping is a real crime? I thought they would have to come up with some other name. If they arrest Sally Streetwalker do they charge her with whoring? B)

I did think about procuring, but it just seemed to me that it would be more like "send out Joe to go find us some hookers", than it would be, "hey gringo, you wanna have sex weeth my seester?"

The pimp is the sales manager, while a procurer would be a quantity purchaser. :P

I’m a Pimp, but I leave behind a lot of happy ladies and a tired boy

6E694B96-0E5A-4515-97A8-C7C2C0B679D5.jpeg

1 hour ago, Tennessee Trapper Tom said:

I’m a Pimp, but I leave behind a lot of happy ladies and a tired boy

6E694B96-0E5A-4515-97A8-C7C2C0B679D5.jpeg

Looks like he will need an extra day off....Being Sunday give the off and take to the park...To run and sniff for the knew things....

Texas Lizard

As mentioned, specific wording of charges varies by state. And depending on the age of the girl penalties can be increased.

29 minutes ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

I love how the media has come up with the phrase 'Human Trafficking".  It's just a more politically correct term for prostitution.  The oldest profession in the world.

Trafficking includes selling persons abroad.

1 hour ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

I love how the media has come up with the phrase 'Human Trafficking".  It's just a more politically correct term for prostitution.  The oldest profession in the world.

Human Trafficking is more about indentured slavery and sex for hire. The selling of people for same or all sorts of reasons. You remember all those kids on milk cartons? Lots of them probably ended up as slaves or worse. 

I swear. If one could just write a sentence without some electronic interference…

Archived