SASS Wire Forum

Does Your Trigger Creep

John Boy

Many members fine tune their firearms.  One of the embellishments is to lighten the trigger pull.   The question is, does the trigger creep after the rework or is there no creep

It isn't always necessary to eliminate all creep since after the beep, most of us don't feel it.  Where creep usually bothers is for extremely accurate shooting.

But creep is due to friction in the process. Friction means wear.   I try to eliminate the friction to get a nice crisp trigger. 

That is even more important than the exact trigger weight to me.  But my triggers are relatively light - less than 3 pounds.

Someone once called me a "perfectionist."    I replied that's not quite right.

1 hour ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

All my personal CAS guns have a little trigger creepy.  I prefer some creepy in the trigger for CAS guns.

That is pretty common for many folks with most of their guns.  Let's them be more in control.

26 minutes ago, Chancy Shot, SASS #67163 said:

I’m going to jump in here and embarrass myself. Can you give me a simple description of trigger creep.

Chancy 

Creep refers to the amount of perceptible movement of the trigger prior to the shot breaking. The movement after the break is referred to as overtravel. 

Eliminating trigger creep is important for  firearms used for precision.shooting.  With long arms accomplished with double set triggers or finely tuned single triggers.  The Swiss K-31 rifle is an example of fine tuned stock single trigger and with my Stevens 44 1/2, the DST will engage the hammer by just breathing on it… say about a half ounce or less

6 hours ago, Possum Skinner, SASS#60697 said:

Shooting gunfighter, I need a little creep and I don’t want REALLY light triggers either.

Possum

I agree, shooting duelist  I need mine close to 3.5 lbs. because I’m pretty ham fisted.

Randy 

Archived