SASS Wire Forum

Any experience with Grizzly Cartridge ammo?

Abe E.S. Corpus SASS #87667

A prospective new shooter let me know about Grizzly Cartridge .38 Special cowboy ammo that he found on sale for $20 per box of 50 (limit 5) at a local Sportsmans Warehouse store.  I was not familiar with this brand.  A Google search showed some negative reviews, mostly involving other types of ammo.

Anyone on the Wire have any feedback?

I have used Grizzly Cartridge ammunition on several occasions. Never their cowboy ammo but I've been very happy with all the rest of their ammunition I have tried.

That's a great price on that .38 ammo. I'm sure it will be fine.

No experience with the  Cowboy ammo but have shot Shootist's brother and sister, Kelly and Renee Brost's ( Cast Performance) excellent  bullets.  Judging by their bullets I used in FA 454, I would not doubt other bullets equally good.  I have fond memories of one particular 6x6 bull taken with a 300 grainer.  I also remember meeting the owner of Grizzly at a Shootist Holiday. That was a number of years ago so if he has withstood the trials of bullet/ammo dealer to now, that is IMO very complimentary.

15 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

OP, did you confirm that ammo is in stock?

OLG 

The website says out of stock but all ammo sales (according to a notice on the site) are in-store only so who knows?

My new shooter picked up the limit of five boxes the other day.

Archived