SASS Wire Forum

Fueling a TESLA.

I don’t know if it’s stupidity or out of habit but I’ve pulled up behind or beside a Tesla at the gas pump a couple of times, most recently at a Mobil station in Quartzite, Arizona. The electric charging stations were across the street at the Carl’s Junior.

You know what the worst part of that is? It's not that the woman cannot figure out where to put the gas pump.

No, it's the jerk in the car behind her that's videoing her and laughing.

People make mistakes from ignorance often. Nice people would have gotten out of the car and said, "Excuse me, ma'am? That car doesn't run on gasoline. It's electric."

If he had done that, she would have probably blushed bright purple and made a comment about how dumb she felt.

But he didn't do that. He didn't help her. He just sat there and watched her and laughed. A very annoying laugh. Right up there with Beavis and Butthead. Heh heh. Heh heh heh.

The more I think about it, jerk is too nice of a term for him. Putz.

39 minutes ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

I’m betting it’s staged. 

Maybe. I saw one once where a woman gassed up and gave a teenage girl a $20 to pay for it and she tried to stick in in the credit card slot of the pump. That could have been staged too. But it must be remembered these people don't know how to tell time on a clock with hands instead of a display.

JHC

Think of how hard it is for some of them to just make change!!!

Education isn’t what it used to be and we often mistake ignorance for stupidity!!

Ignorance can be cured with education, or sometimes with experience.

Stupid is forever and often goes all the way to the BONE!!

The video is nearly 3 years olds.  Supposedly it really happened.

It is the latest iteration of an old problem.  Remember when the filler cap was behind the license plate or tail light.  Then they were flush fitted in the quarter panel with the release in the cabin along the A pillar, rocker, or even the glove box?  Ever hear of a borrowed truck getting fuel added to the bed tank when it is not an auxiliary?  Any of you twilight years pards hear of fuel being put in the Model T radiator cap?  

2 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

I don’t know if it’s stupidity or out of habit but I’ve pulled up behind or beside a Tesla at the gas pump a couple of times, most recently at a Mobil station in Quartzite, Arizona. The electric charging stations were across the street at the Carl’s Junior.

Did you ask if they were buying fuel for their generator to charge their car?

15 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Think of how hard it is for some of them to just make change!!!

Education isn’t what it used to be and we often mistake ignorance for stupidity!!

Ignorance can be cured with education, or sometimes with experience.

Stupid is forever and often goes all the way to the BONE!!

Fortunately, the cash register tells them what the change will once they punch in the amount of dollars the customer gave them. Otherwise, you will see calculators come out or stand there wondering what to do next.

On 11/6/2021 at 9:27 PM, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

That has to be staged. How could anyone be that…wait. Never mind. Look at our country today. Yes, people are that stupid…

:blink:

she is blond - at least for today , but yes sadly i must agree we have dumbed down our society and continue to do so - there is an endgame unless some of us interrupt it 

Natural selection is no longer allowed to weed out the weak and the stupid !

We go a long way to protect the stupid from causing their own demise. 

That is why we spend money placing signs like Danger Coffee is Hot and can cause painful burns if spilled on lap...

Warning on Electric Iron " Not suitable for ironing Cloths on the Body "

Or the Electric Curling Iron  " Not Suitable for use in the Shower".

Jabez Cowboy 

4 hours ago, Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129 said:

Natural selection is no longer allowed to weed out the weak and the stupid !

We go a long way to protect the stupid from causing their own demise. 

That is why we spend money placing signs like Danger Coffee is Hot and can cause painful burns if spilled on lap...

Warning on Electric Iron " Not suitable for ironing Cloths on the Body "

Or the Electric Curling Iron  " Not Suitable for use in the Shower".

Jabez Cowboy 

And yet society elects to protect these folks from their own stupidity.  It demonizes and penalizes the manufacturer who does not add repetitive warnings about obvious dangers to their product.  It rewards users (and their lawyers) with grossly excessive verdicts.  There is no social or legal expectation of even mildly intelligent use of devices or machines.  We have brought this upon ourselves by protecting ignorance and rewarding blindness.  Next time you are on a jury, refuse to award excessive damages; limit recovery to medical bills and any other out-of-pocket expenses (if you must); do not reward stupidity with recovery for "pain and suffering" or "emotional distress"; reserve such damages for those who did not contribute in any meaningful way to their own injuries.

LL

Perhaps she could have checked the Dash-1 (Owner's Manual).   Except that the owner's manuals of a lot of cars are so poorly written or written so generically, to include multiple models, that it is just about impossible to figure out what applies to what.  I have a 2018 Ford Flex. The owner's manual doesn't even describe where the spare (dinky) tire is!  (It is under the third seats, which is danged inconvenient if you have a back deck (third seats folded down) full of stuff!)  My wife's Lincoln sedan has similar inconsistencies in its manual.  The other thing that is annoying with some of the vehicles is having the gas fill port on the right side of the vehicle.  Makes it harder to pull up to the pump, and you invariably find yourself facing other cars/trucks that have the port on the driver's side.

"Th' more they overthink th' plumbing, the easier it is to stop up th' drain!" Star Trek engineer Montgomery "Scotty" Scott:angry:

23 hours ago, Buffalo Creek Law Dog said:

Fortunately, the cash register tells them what the change will once they punch in the amount of dollars the customer gave them. Otherwise, you will see calculators come out or stand there wondering what to do next.

Just last week the person at the register counted my change back to me. I complemented her for the act and asked her where she learned to do that. She replied her grandmother. I told he mine did the same for me.

Archived