SASS Wire Forum

Can I copy your homework?

I kinda like this one. Glock 19 Gen 4 Canadian.

Note the Maple Leaf on the slide near the muzzle and the 4.2" barrel making it Canadian restricted rather than prohibited.

10 round magazine only here.

IMG_2395.JPG

Note the Maple Leaf on the slide near the muzzle and the 4.2" barrel making it Canadian restricted rather than prohibited.

10 round magazine only here.

How is that measured ?

In my part of Australia (New South Wales) semi-auto pistols have their barrel measured by closing the action and inserting a measuring probe from the muzzle 'til it stops on the closed breachface. MUST exceed 120 millimetres to be legal.

I presume that's how they measure all barrels (except for revolvers) everywhere. We don't have a minimum length for pistol barrels, but we do for rifle and shotgun. And that is how they are measured. Close the bolt and drop a rod down the barrel.

There is a different category of smooth bore cartridge firearms that is in the catch all category "Any Other Weapon"  that allows a barrel length less than 18".  The Mossberg Shckwave is an AOW.

No, the Mossberg Shockwave is a FIREARM.

ANY OTHER WEAPON falls under the purview of the National Firearms Act, and requires both government permission and the payment of a tax to own.

The Shockwave requires neither.

Archived