SASS Wire Forum

Soon it will be time to RISE & SHINE.....

Arizona doesn't change, so when DST is in effect, they are on the same time as California. And when we fall back, they are on the same time as Denver.  There is a movement in Colorado to abolish Daylight time, or stay on it. I don't know which or whether it will get passed.  Anyway, I started turning some of the clocks back (primarily in the basement).  I'll turn the rest back before bedtime.  No way I'm getting up at 2:00 AM!

Worst case of jet lag I ever had I was driving. My first trip to EOT was in Norco, my nephew and I drove. We drove to Las Cruces NM and spent the night with my FIL. Time change into mountain time. Time changed that night to DST. Drove from there into Arizona, no DST, time changed again. Drove from Tombstone to Las Vegas. DST plus change to Pacific time, 2 hr. change. I wanted to take my nephew to the water and light show at Sam's Town. We got there and the place seemed rather dead. I asked the bartender when the next show was and he looked at me like I was off my trail. It was like 1 or 2 AM! We had no clue.

JHC :P

Of what benefit is the time change? Seriously! I have never really gotten a good answer. To me it’s just freakin’ annoying. And it throws off my mental clock for a few days. 

I actually thought that here in Happy-Land that someone in government would push Congress to accept and move forward with the “Will of the People”. Well that hasn’t happened. I believe the vote to make DST permanent was over 3 years ago. Looking forward to leaving here. 

Rant mode off…anyone want some Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream? I just bought some at Von’s. I am not one for “fad flavors” but I do like pumpkin spice flavored food. Especially Entenmann’s donuts. Yummy!

Everybody I have ever talked to, personally, hates DST. 

Since most people dislike it....then Lincoln was wrong....it is not a government: of the people, by the people, and for the people. 

I have to think that it is there to allow executives, and C.E.O.'s, to have longer daylight hours, in order to play golf longer.

5 hours ago, Buckshot Bear said:

Hate daylight saving, really hard on the kitchen curtains, that extra hour of sunshine really makes 'em fade faster. 

I thought you'd be more worried about the extra hour of evaporation from the farm dams. :unsure:

3 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

I thought you'd be more worried about the extra hour of evaporation from the farm dams. :unsure:

That too...... Lowers the water so fast I gotta' lose sleep over the damn yabbies! 

The only benefit I can see it's it's lighter earlier in the morning for the kids going to school but getting dark at 5:00pm is terrible!! So I hate it!:angry:

once heard iowa farmers liked it for that extra hour of daylight in the fields , 

ive never understood it really , all one has to do is to plan daylight things in those hours and our after hours dark time according to what mother nature offers , if you run out - pick it up again tomorrow , 

i think i heard there was a lot of consideration to dumping this , bout damned time in my mind , i hate having to figure out how to change the clocks that don't do it automatically and we still have a few here , i dont reset the sundial as the sun aint listening to the government no matter how much they tax us 

Several states have passed laws to either eliminate DST or stay on it permanently, but they cannot do it without an act of Congress approving it.

Personally I wish it was the opposite, with DST during the winter and standard time in the summer. Here it doesn't get dark until 10pm in June, yet in December it gets dark at 4:30pm.

On 11/7/2021 at 6:48 AM, Rye Miles #13621 said:

The only benefit I can see it's it's lighter earlier in the morning for the kids going to school but getting dark at 5:00pm is terrible!! So I hate it!:angry:

But we are not now on daylight savings time. We are on Standard Time. It gets dark at 5 p.m. because it's Standard Time.

I don't really care whether we're on Standard time or daylight savings time. I just wish we would pick one and leave it there. It's the changing of the clocks that annoys me.

On 11/6/2021 at 9:14 PM, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

And it throws off my mental clock for a few days. 

Try to explain it to a cat that eats at five.

Archived