SASS Wire Forum

Ruger built Marlin Rifles

Rooster Ron Wayne

Well, all this name calling and speculation is getting us nowhere…:D

(Ruglin, MarGer, Ruger-Marlin, etc ;))

I really don’t care what Ruger calls them and hopefully they follow the original outlines of the Marlin, but I could see them making some “tacti-cool” models. It’s their company, they can do as they wish. 

I do know that if they release a .45 Colt model I will probably snap one up.

Until they do release them and or information about their new rifles all we have is speculation and conjecture and comparative articles and videos by people who think they know something using reference guns by companies that aren’t Ruger. 

I know there are articles, blogs and news bits that say that Mr. Killoy, Ruger CEO, stated that the first gun released with be an 1895 SBL 47-70, but my speculation and conjecture - I can’t resist either - is that Ruger is releasing their new gun just before Christmas. Why release a gun that won’t fly off the shelves at Christmas time. Perhaps this is all smoke and mirrors and the first gun they will release will be the all new Marlin 60 .22LR priced just right to make an excellent Christmas gift. 
I would snap one of those up too. :D

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any way it Pans out to be .

I'm thankful Ruger stepped up to the plate and bought the Marlin tooling and Name .

I know Ruger .

And Ruger will do Marlin Justice No Matter what is stamped on the barrel.

Rooster

Maybe if the gun industry insanity ends they will put out some SASS three gun sets . Same cal and serial numbers with maybe a letter to differentiate them for the feds . It would be expensive but I bet they could sell a few 

21 hours ago, Buckshot Bob said:

Maybe if the gun industry insanity ends they will put out some SASS three gun sets . Same cal and serial numbers with maybe a letter to differentiate them for the feds . It would be expensive but I bet they could sell a few 

Im sure we are a small part of there gun business.

But when or if they give us a consideration .

A Nice Set of number matching Ruger pistols with a Good Ruger Marlin Rifle in a Set .

Would be on more then one of Santa's list .

Rooster

3 minutes ago, Rooster Ron Wayne said:

Im sure we are a small part of there gun business.

But when or if they give us a consideration .

A Nice Set of number matching Ruger pistols with a Good Ruger Marlin Rifle in a Set .

Would be on more then one of Santa's list .

Rooster

I would think a distributor like Lipseys , Davidsons , Talo , etc could probably put something like this together. If the new Marlins take off with SASS members I don’t think they would have any problems selling out 500 sets . These limited editions always seem to be 1 of 500 or a 1000

• 1 month later...

Finley a Ruger Marlin update .

9 hours ago, Innocent Bystander said:

The problem is that right now, on gunbroker, these are going for more than double msrp. I figure it'll be 6 months before Ruger gets enough of them out on the market before the price comes down out of the stratosphere.

Seems like the scalpers always get stuff first :unsure:

1 hour ago, Rooster Ron Wayne said:

Seems like the scalpers always get stuff first :unsure:

I think its a conspiracy among manufactures just to find out how much the buying public is willing

to pay for a certain product.

THEN..... the manufacturer sets their prices accordingly.

If you think about it, the gun owners (DEALERS/BUYERS) have basically screwed themselves by setting

prices high, the buyer pays a super high price, which in turn makes other sellers overprice their stuff

and the whole buyers market (us cowboys) go crazy and buy it.

Then the manufacturer sees what we are willing to pay and they jack up their prices.

The more we are willing to pay..... the higher they jack up their prices.

I honestly believe the manufacturers initiate all these Gunbroker activities with NEW stuff.

..........Widder

I am just happy to see that the rifle was built with Ruger quality as opposed to Remington's.

On 1/17/2022 at 2:05 PM, DeaconKC said:

I am just happy to see that the rifle was built with Ruger quality as opposed to Remington's.

The rifle we would use in matches hasn't been built yet.

• 1 month later...

New update .

9 minutes ago, Turkey Flats Jack said:

It'll be a long wait to get the one i'm wanting. If they even make it again. I want another 44/40 marlin. I have a low tolerance for waiting so if I find a used one at a fair price I wont need to wait for ruger to make more. 

Don't know why they would make a 94 in 44WCF...like the market is...really not there.

But I've gotta ask, what does "Fair Price" mean? I mean...there's market price and then there is not-market price...

Phantom

13 hours ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Don't know why they would make a 94 in 44WCF...like the market is...really not there.

But I've gotta ask, what does "Fair Price" mean? I mean...there's market price and then there is not-market price...

Phantom

I always read "fair price" as "a price I like".

15 hours ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Phantom

Fair price to me is whatever I can afford at the time of finding one. Which is often a little less than current market price. As for them not making another run of the 94 in 44wcf it would most likely be a special run from one of the companies like Lipseys , Davidsons , Talo etc.

Large firearms wholesaler, our salesperson, informed our store that their first shipment of Marlin 1895 45/70 rifles MUST go to their TOP Ruger dealers.  So if a local, mom & pop, non-big box/big internet dealer isn't in the top of their Ruger customers, then they are not going to get the 1895.  So J&G Sales in Prescott, AZ, , who I am sure you have heard of, gets a first run 1895 and prices it at $1000.00 over MSRP.  Of course there are a bunch of people willing to pay the price.  The guy who got it then came into our store looking for a box of ammo because J&G didn't have any to sell him.  We had some, and the guy whined about the price.  I said: "You just told me you paid $1000.00 over MSRP for a rifle, and the dealer didn't have a box of ammo for you, and I do, and you are whining about the price of the ammo?"  He shrugged his head and said, "Thank you for selling me some ammo."   

• 2 weeks later...

I have seen one (1) Ruger Marlin, at a local-yokel gun-show, a few weeks ago. I did not get to examine it closely, since there was a crowd around it. 

But, it looked like a quality rifle, although not in the style, or caliber, I would purchase.

One thing I really like about Ruger. The C.E.O. has stated: "When asked whether or not the Ruger name would appear on production guns, Ruger's C.E.O. Chris Killoy responded. 'No, it won't. We're going to maintain the Marlin brand. We're very proud of the Marlin brand and its history.'"

Boy-Howdy, I liked that. Thank you Ruger, for that. 

W.K. 

You can see the first of my video reports at TRIGGERED on michaelbane.tv:

Best Out Of The Box Lever Ever!

I also did an episode of SHOOTING GALLERY on the new Marlin/Ruger — took a nice mule deer in West Texas with it! That ep has already aired, but will air later in April in repeat....plus they're scheduled to air all the SHOOTING GALLERY eps over the rest of the year about billion times. I have gone through the gun pretty extensively, including the engineering changes Ruger made in the manufacture. They did a good job of hitting the "bullet points" from people like Richard Mann, Andy Larsson, John Snow, Ed Head and I.

Next week on TRIGGERED I show the new 1895 alongside by Wild West Guns .44 Magnum — which is a great gun thanks to Jeremy West, but in appearance is Marlin at its worst...when I bought it it came with a cracked stock and a forearm that barely fit-- and my personal Marlin Custom Shop 1895 45-70, which is the best lever gun I own, hopefully so people can see the difference.

I hate the push button safety and the 2-piece firing pin, but there's no getting away from that for an American manufacturer these days.

As soon as Marlin makes a .44 Magnum lever gun (and I have no inside info on that), I will buy one immediately and send it to Jeremy West, because he knows what I like in a hunting rifle.

Just my $00.02-worth!

PS: Am looking forward to getting back to SASS this spring, whip couple of .44 Russian Cimarron 1872 Open Tops and a Taylor's 1866 converted from .44 Special to .44 Russian.

Oh wait...do I have to stop using .44 "Russian" now? Maybe I can just call them .44 "Shorts."

Wolf Bane

• 4 weeks later...

Another Marlin Ruger Update .

in normal years ruger will do custom orders. depending on the model all you have to buy is between 50 to 250 at a crack. however from the last time i spoke with them about a custom order 44/40 in revolvers will never be done again.   

Another Marlin ( Ruger ) Review

Archived