SASS Wire Forum

Lawyers should never ask an old grandma a question if they aren't prepared for the answer

Buckshot Bear

Lawyers should never ask an old grandma a question if they aren't prepared for the answer.
In a trial in a small outback town the prosecutor called his first witness, a grandmotherly, elderly woman who had lived in the town all her life, to the stand. He approached her and asked, 'Mrs. Jones, do you know me?' She responded, 'Why, yes, I do know you, Mr. Williams. I've known you since you were a boy, and frankly, you've been a big disappointment to me. You lie, you cheat on your wife, and you manipulate people and talk about them behind their backs. You think you're a big shot when you haven't the brains to realize you'll never amount to anything more than a two-bit paper pusher. Yes, I certainly do know you.'
The lawyer was stunned. Not knowing what else to do, he pointed across the room and asked, 'Mrs. Jones, do you know the defense lawyer?'
She again replied, ' Why yes, I do. I've known Mr. Bradley since he was a youngster, too. He's lazy, bigoted, and he has a big drinking problem. He can't build a normal relationship with anyone, and his law practice is one of the worst in the entire state. Not to mention he cheated on his wife with three different women. One of them was your missus, and one your sister. Yes, I know him alright.'
The prosecutor nearly died.
The judge asked both prosecutor and defense lawyer to approach the bench and, in a very quiet voice, said,
'If either of you two bloody idiots asks her if she knows me, I'll send the both of you to the electric chair.'

This joke reminds me of my Nanny, my Dad’s Mom. 

She knew a lot of people in town and she also had no problem telling them what she thought of them and their families. :lol:

6 minutes ago, Kid Rich said:

Ya ruint a good joke by postin a pitcher of a politician.

kR

No offense meant I assure you. You can't blame donkeys because the jackasses chose them as their symbol.

JHC ;)

Archived