SASS Wire Forum

Natchez has cci lp & sp limit 5ea

Buckshot Bob

Thanks for the heads up, ordered mine as well as some powder to spread out the hazmat fee.

3 hours ago, Buckshot Bob said:

I would expect that they would be the same as they always have 

Not according to mention of Vista making all the primer cups the same.

12 minutes ago, Roscoe Regulator said:

Nope. Read it here I think...possibly The High Road.

They haven’t changed the packaging to be like federals . The ones I’ve seen in the store are the same packaging. The speculation with federal was because they started making theirs more sensitive the packaging was made more robust. It will be interesting to see . I know they still make the military grade in small and large rifle . It was always my understanding they were a little tougher than their std primers for guns like the AR and M14 with floating unsprung firing pins 

27 minutes ago, Kid Rich said:

Go to the Brownells Website and read their description of CCI primers. I have used them in my revolvers and they seem to work fine. The older CCI's did NOT. And yes the new CCI packaging is different.

kR

When did the switch packaging? I have some lpp I purchased about 5 years ago and some I purchased about a month ago and he graphics on the cardboard is a little different but that’s about all I noticed 

2 minutes ago, Kid Rich said:

Don't know but the ones I purchased  this summer have a different color box.

kR

Yes I noticed the color and logo were a little different, but the same size boxes . The Federals are huge compared to everyone else’s packaging . I was told the did that for liability’s sake because of the sensitivity of their primers . 

I believe Federal changed packaging after an explosion/fire in a delivery truck.

Archived