SASS Wire Forum

SCAM EMAIL - NOT from SASS! ALERT!

Misty Moonshine

Howdy SASS Members! 

It has been brought to our attention that there is a SCAM email being sent out with our organizations name soliciting funds, gift cards, etc. to support a variety of fake causes.
WE ARE NOT SENDING THESE! Please report these emails as SCAM/SPAM/JUNK... report as much as you can through your email provider so we can put a stop to this as quickly as possible.

As an example, below is the text of a scam email:

------------------------------
How are you doing? Are you available at the moment? I need your assistance to handle a little project. Can you please handle this for me on behalf of the society?
The Single Action Shooting Society is requesting gift card donations to assist Veterans at hospice care welfare with patients who have been negatively impacted by the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Every gift helps provide resources that will stabilize a Veteran and ensure a positive upward trajectory during this critical time.
I have decided to make it a personal duty and I'll be responsible for the reimbursement of cards bought. Kindly confirm if you can help out.

Brad L. Myers
President

--------------------------

(The sender email was: director@tahessddscm.org)

SASS only sends emails to our members on a limited basis- and all emails that are truly from us will ALWAYS come from an @sassnet email address.

Thanks,
Misty Moonshine

Archived