SASS Wire Forum

2022 Iowa State Shoot

Cactus Clark

Howdy Y'all

The Fort Des Monies Rangers are proud to be the host for the 2022 Iowa State Shoot.  It will be held over Memorial Day Weekend May 27 to 29, 2022.  I've activated the online sign up here and we also have a printable form here.  I will post more details about the match as they are worked out.  I can tell you that as in years paste we will have side matches and warm ups on Friday.  Saturday we will shoot 6 main match stages and hopefully have a team based side match; On Saturday evening we will host an off range banquet.  Sunday we will finish the main match with 6 more stages and an on range awards ceremony immediately following the end of the main match.  If you haven't attended before please add it to your scheduled and if you have attended before please come back.  I know JB Kidd is working hard on creating 12 fun, but challenging stages, JW Hardin is working on his Master of Ceremonies skills, and Little Hermana, Tuco, PitMule, and I are working to make sure everyone has a great time.

Thank,

Cactus Clark

• 1 month later...

Howdy Y'all,

It's been a hectic December for me, but we are about to be in 2022 none the less.  Why not get your 2022 Iowa State Applications in.  JB Kidd and the rest of us have several range improvement projects in the works, so come check those out.  As always we are looking to put on a match that is challenging yet fun,  There wont be a better way to spend your Memorial Day Weekend.  Hope to see you all there....Cactus Clark

• 2 months later...

It's time to get your 2022 Iowa State Shoot registration in.  The deadline for the included T-Shirt is May 1st.  We will likely accept registrations beyond that, but getting a T-Shirt may not be an options.  Here is the Who's coming list thus far.  I know more of you are planning on coming but I haven't seen your official registration form yet:

Who's Coming:

Ugly

Pit Mule

Skillet Johnson

Lawdog Dago Dom

Shortcake

Hairless

Mean Mary

Marshall Kane

Chancy Shot

Wild Lead

Rootin Tootin

Rusty Hammer

Badlands Charlie

Tucker McNeely

Greasy Creek Slim

Wicker Nash

Popcorn Kelly

Joh Wesley Hardin

Cajun

Johnny Too Slow

Little Iron Lucille

Big Iron Bohannon

La Bandita

Sergeant Duroc

Blink Hog

Cactus Clark

Colt Ruger

Clay Thorton

Star Shooter

Bandit Belle

Red Rider Ray

Bulldog Brown

Round Rock

Wille Mescal

RC Steelringer

JB Kidd

Tuco

Little Hermana

Long Fingers

Handsome Henry

TW Theron

Toranado

April Mae

CC Top

Misty Moonshine

Knucklebuster

Marti Draw

Doc Horseshoe

Kalamity Horseshoe

Crooked Creek

Chili Pepper Kid

Duece Stevens

Speed Stevens

Dusty Deputy

Irish Tom
Turkey Bob

Rattlesnake Renae
Young's Angel

Platte Valley Kid
Flyin Shootist
Hail Hot Mary
Gunslinger Grace
Mountain Man Champ
Daisy Ann
G.I. Jake

Medicine Creek Johnny
Cowboy Rick

Dimpled Darlin
Inferno Kid
Whiskey Rick

Lil Chico

Capt. Jim Midnight
Old Man Grey Beard
City Slicker
Miss Shot
Half Fast Len
Timber Jack Thompson
Willow
Tamarack Jaxon

Riverboat Red

Sneaky

Irish Pete
Sly Dog
Savannah Starr

Howdy Clark,

Go ahead and add Misty Moonshine and I to the list !

We got it worked out to be there and I'll send the applications tomorrow for us!

So looking forward to this shoot, it is one of the very best state shoots out there !

Thanks for all the hard work you guys put into it !!!

See you all then !

18 hours ago, C.C. Top said:

Howdy Clark,

Go ahead and add Misty Moonshine and I to the list !

We got it worked out to be there and I'll send the applications tomorrow for us!

So looking forward to this shoot, it is one of the very best state shoots out there !

Thanks for all the hard work you guys put into it !!!

See you all then !

Awesome, I had a real good feeling that we would see many of our Paradise Pass friends at the event.  I'm looking forward to having a good time.

Hi Clark,

Please check and make sure our (Misty and I's ) forms came thru. We did it on line and paid by pay pal but it acted funny.

Thanks

5 hours ago, C.C. Top said:

Hi Clark,

Please check and make sure our (Misty and I's ) forms came thru. We did it on line and paid by pay pal but it acted funny.

Thanks

Your good, I got a few today but haven't had time to do the paperwork

Keep those applications coming in.  I've updated the list from what I received at the end of last week and over the weekend.  The FDMR crew is working hard to get the range in tip top shape for everyone to enjoy a great weekend and a even better match.

BTT for Friday:

Some of our sponsors include LOGOS Leather Craft, We the People Munitions, Hornady and CrossRoads Shooting Sports.  There are many more that I will add as we get closer.  The items they have donated will be Overall Winners Awards, raffle items, and door prizes.

All side matches, warm-ups, Wild Bunch are included in your main match fee.  This year the T-Shirt is also included in that too. 

What a bargain, don't delay get that app in today

Cactus Clark

BTT - Tuesday.....were sitting at 60 registered shooters with just over 3 weeks to go for the first deadline.  You might be procrastinating like Old Man Greybeard, but if you wait to long you might not get one of our fine T-Shirts.  We will have at least 1 rifle in our raffle, some ever coveted SP Primers, and some Match Packs.

Get those applications in today folks we would love to have you all at our range.

Cactus Clark 

Ditto - it's a fine shoot, at a fine facility, with fine folks.  I planning to come over in early May to get a practice match in prior to the State match as well, weather permitting.  I always enjoy rounding the crest of the hill as I'm entering the range from the West in the early a.m. and seeing the range laid out in front of me with the morning sun shining over it.  It's a beautiful view.    

Thanks for all the kind words from past participants.  We are sitting at 66 participants as of this morning with 3 weeks to go for "on time" registrations.  The club officers and members are working hard to get things in tip top shape.

Thanks

Cactus Clark

Updated the shooters list today...

Please get us your applications soon so we can get an accurate count for T-Shirts.  They are included in the shoot if you register prior to May 6th,

We the People Munitions (https://wethepeoplemunitons-com.3dcartstores.com/ ) will have range packs available onsite

Gripmakers (http://www.gripmaker.com/ )will be onsite

More raffle/door prizes have come in from Starline and Mernickle to add to the others listed above.

I will get all this updated on our website as well http://www.fortdesmoinesrangers.com/

Thanks for all those that have help provided products for our shoot and all of those that have already signed up.

If you haven't signed up what are you waiting for?

Thanks from the FDMR BOD

JB Kidd

Little Hermana

Tuco

John Wesley Hardin

Cactus Clark

Pit Mule

BTTT....Bump To the Top Thursday....

We are at 72 shooters as of this morning.  The list on this thread is updated.  I've been told a few more are coming in so please keep them coming.

Rumor has it if we break 100 shooters John Wesley Hardin will break out his guitar and hold an impromptu concert for us all.  If we break 150 JB Kidd will join in and sing.

Thanks  Cactus Clark and the FDMR BOD

I finally quit procrastinating...signed up at the monthly yesterday. 

17 minutes ago, Old Man Graybeard said:

I finally quit procrastinating...signed up at the monthly yesterday. 

He did and the shooters list it updated.  You have 5 days to guarantee you will get the fabulous included 2022 Iowa State Championship T-Shirt.  We are also finalizing meal plans, so please get those applications in this week.

Cactus Clark

Bump to the top, this is the last day to be included in the T-Shirt order.  We will still take registrations after today, but no guarantees on getting a T-Shirt.

thanks to all that have already signed up.

Cactus Clark and FDMR BOD

Good Morning All,

The shooters list is fully updated and the T-Shirt orders have been placed.  We have 81 shooters registered, but we will still take in those last minute stragglers.  We don't like turning away any shooters.  There is however a  small late registration fee ($10) and we have no guarantee that we can get you a T-Shirt.

I want to thank everyone that's already signed up.  The crew has been working hard on getting our range ready.  We will have things ready for a great match come Memorial Day weekend.

Thanks

Cactus Clark and the FDMR BOD

Archived