SASS Wire Forum

Local match

Snakebite

It’s one supply shortage story after another now days. I spend a good amount of time every day looking online for supplies and passing any info I find back to our members on our local connection. Not finding much lately. I know that most of the shooters in our area that are still playing, are running out of primers. There are a few folks, me included, that were prepared for this, but the fact is it’s much more fun to go to a match that has a good turn out of shooters than to attend one with just a few. I am surprised at the number of clubs that continue making their monthly match a two day event. For 20+ years we were happy with shooting just one day. Supplies were easy to come by and cheap. About 8 years ago someone started shooting on both days… and now that supplies are at their lowest, they just can not see that they are going to kill the game in our area because of it. I’m going back to only shooting one day at our monthly match in the hopes that others will follow so that our game will continue until this shortage is over.

Archived