SASS Wire Forum

No more, please!!!

Singin' Sue 71615

11 hours ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Hahaha!!!

Shanley has the Silverado and mini camper up on Carracus.

Saw 30 go right past camp tonight, so I believe God will supply us at least one!!!

I drove the Dodge Ram...Larame package.

Even hauling the 5th wheel, in rough wind, ect... it will get around 14!!!

Well alrighty then!

Assuming you are going to take a shot as well so that means two?

Wishing you success!

Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

54 minutes ago, Gateway Kid SASS# 70038 Life said:

Well alrighty then!

Assuming you are going to take a shot as well so that means two?

Wishing you success!

Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

No sweets, I am at the cabin...hopeing to see them pull in today or tomorrow with game to process!!!

27 minutes ago, largo casey #19191 said:

Usta be able to get free gas out in that area Sue.DRIP.

Largo

Daddy worked many nights with the sheriff (NMSP Reserve) in those areas...waiting on ya!!!:rolleyes:

On 11/4/2021 at 8:46 PM, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

$2.92 / gallon here, for gasoline.

I got rid of my diesel a few years back, since it was a lot more expensive than gasoline. Thank you bill clinton...you numbskull. 

Maybe I need to write a 4th ode...this time to the high price of gasoline. 

W.K. 

The reason diesel is usually more expensive than Regular gasoline dates back to the mid 90's when CA required diesel have lower vapor pressures & dropped sulfur limit from 2000 PPMV to 500 PPMV.  It didn't take long for the EPA to follow.  The changes required feed stock & refining process changes.  It only got worse in 2007 when Diesel
Particulate Filters had to be used on light, medium & heavy duty on-highway diesels to meet the particulate emissions limit.  More than 15 PPMV sulfur in fuel will shorten the life of the EXPENSIVE DPF.  Oxides of sulfur are a significant part of the mass of diesel particulate.  Sulfur compounds also slowly poison the precious metal catalyst wash coat that lowers the temperature that particulate burns in the O2 rich diesel exhaust.  WO/ a catalyst the required temperature is 1200F.

Here in Northern NV outside of Washoe County* regular gas & diesel are usually very close in price since Covid.  Sometime diesel is cheaper. 

*The voters in the county have twice voted in taxes to be added to road fuel.

On 11/5/2021 at 8:14 PM, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Hahaha!!!

Shanley has the Silverado and mini camper up on Carracus.

Saw 30 go right past camp tonight, so I believe God will supply us at least one!!!

I drove the Dodge Ram...Larame package.

Even hauling the 5th wheel, in rough wind, ect... it will get around 14!!!

The Silverado must be a model year 2010 or newer.  Model year 2010 & newer diesels have a much lower NOX emissions limit that can only be met using a SCR catalyst.  The exception is if the engine mfg has enough NOX credits banked.  That is why all light duty (German auto's & diesel PU's have DEF tanks.  The prior NOX limit could be met using in cylinder technology, cooled EGR, injection timing & multi strike injection.  This technology increases fuel consumption.  With SCR the combustion can be optimized for best fuel economy and NOX cleaned up by injecting more DEF in exhaust after DPF before the SCR catalyst.  2010 and later engines don't have EGR.  EGR increases fuel consumption & power because it adds inert gas (CO2 & H2O) to the air in the cylinder.  The EGR cooler adds load to the cooling system so engines with cooled EGR have larger radiators & fans.  The larger fan means the load on the front crankshaft pulley is greater.

58 minutes ago, J.D. Daily said:

The Silverado must be a model year 2010 or newer.  Model year 2010 & newer diesels have a much lower NOX emissions limit that can only be met using a SCR catalyst.  The exception is if the engine mfg has enough NOX credits banked.  That is why all light duty (German auto's & diesel PU's have DEF tanks.  The prior NOX limit could be met using in cylinder technology, cooled EGR, injection timing & multi strike injection.  This technology increases fuel consumption.  With SCR the combustion can be optimized for best fuel economy and NOX cleaned up by injecting more DEF in exhaust after DPF before the SCR catalyst.  2010 and later engines don't have EGR.  EGR increases fuel consumption & power because it adds inert gas (CO2 & H2O) to the air in the cylinder.  The EGR cooler adds load to the cooling system so engines with cooled EGR have larger radiators & fans.  The larger fan means the load on the front crankshaft pulley is greater.

The Silverado is gasoline run.

and just who do we have to thank for this ? remember when you vote ...........but then they told us they were going to do it - did you not believe they meant it ? 

what do you suppose the price of electricity for your electric cars will be without coal and AMERICAN OIL PRODUCTS ?

Just read a news headline on Fox that the Brandon admin. Is considering shutting down another pipeline, didn’t read which one ,made me sick to think about it. Doesn’t seem to be an end to this madness.

2 hours ago, Silver Creek Jack said:

Just read a news headline on Fox that the Brandon admin. Is considering shutting down another pipeline, didn’t read which one ,made me sick to think about it. Doesn’t seem to be an end to this madness.

Maybe Brandon should consider why his ratings are in the crapper and act accordingly. :o

I prefer presidents who actually like this country. ;)

17 hours ago, Silver Creek Jack said:

Correct.  "Line 5," in Michigan.  Currently carries upwards of half a million barrels of oil a day.

Seems Governor Gretchen Whitmer (wonder if she's related to Gavin Newsom?) wants to shut it down; the Brandon administration is "studying the issue."

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/michigan/2021/11/08/white-house-confirms-reviewing-impact-line-5-shutdown/6342914001/

Enbridge Inc., which owns and operates Line 5 beneath the Straits of Mackinac, says on its website the pipeline "is a critical source of 540,000 barrels per day of propane and crude oil supply for Michigan and surrounding areas, and its shutdown would lead to a serious disruption of the energy market."

Last month, the government of Canada invoked a 1977 treaty that it says would prevent Michigan or the U.S. from interrupting operation of the pipeline, drawing the White House into the dispute. The action came after after court filings indicated mediation talks between the state and Line 5 owner Enbridge over the future of Line 5 are largely at a dead end.

Archived