SASS Wire Forum

No more, please!!!

Singin' Sue 71615

Just now, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

If our last Tuesday elections show a trend...NM is doomed.

No desire to go West of Phx.

Don't blame you one bit.  I'm looking at moving east if I can.

18 minutes ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

If our last Tuesday elections show a trend...NM is doomed.

No desire to go West of Phx.

Me neither...and no urge to ever go to Phx or any place much south, east, north, or south of right here.Got to pick my daughter up a Sky Harbor a week fro this coming Wednesday.  After that I'll go to Ben Avery sometimes, but not too often.

Yup. Thank Brandon. 

1 hour ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Me neither...and no urge to ever go to Phx or any place much south, east, north, or south of right here.Got to pick my daughter up a Sky Harbor a week fro this coming Wednesday.  After that I'll go to Ben Avery sometimes, but not too often.

I would love to see you at BASF this Feb.

We will be in space #90 of East Campgrounds from Wed prior of EOT to March 9th !

33 minutes ago, Tennessee williams said:

Its almost cheaper to just buy some cocain and run everywhere! 

I could use to lose a pound or two....or 80!:rolleyes:

I filled up yesterday at the cheap station in town. 21.434 Gals for $75.00, $3.499 per gallon. Walmart was $.05 higher.

I was talking with my Ex-wife yesterday and she stated gas was $3.659 in Plainfield by Joliet, IL. (Chicago far south suburbs)

Makes me happy I am 300 miles south of there. However, I am still in Illinois.:(

1 hour ago, Doc Shapiro said:

Gads.  $4.60 here.  Stupid.  One of these days I'll get out of this (*&!^&*()($# state.

Can't imagine anything that could make me go back.  What's holding you, Doc? 

3 hours ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

We will be in space #90 of East Campgrounds from Wed prior of EOT to March 9th !

I could use to lose a pound or two....or 80!:rolleyes:

I won't be shooting but I'll sure be at EOT for at least one day.

I snapped the picture below Thursday afternoon in Gorman, California, just off Interstate 5.

Noted that Chevron is almost pricier than other brands; however, I'd see stations with posted prices at least 20 - 40 cents/gallon higher earlier in Santa Monica - again, an admittedly "high rent district."  But it's indicative of the direction we're headed.   

Earlier on Thursday, Bank of America analysts predicted that by June oil will see about a 45% increase over today's prices ($79.63/bbl).

Brace yourselves; before summer, in areas like where I live (Central Valley) we could be seeing gasoline at over six bucks a gallon - for regular.  More like $7+ for "premium," which a bunch of cars still like.  Folks in places like Gorman and Santa Monica will be paying a LOT more!  :(

People in the current administration undoubtedly will see this as a good thing, as it will lead to a significant reduction in travel and fuel consumption - it'll save the planet fer sure. <_<

The only good I see coming of this is that most people with any sense at all will realize the impact on their lives, and remember how much better life was under the previous administration.         

image.thumb.png.32ba5ad65c87a03d4dac4f6dfec444b9.png

Diesel here is running $3.80 to $4.40 per gallon depending on the area of town.  Last week some stations jumped 40 cents!  It's crazy. 

BS

The prices are all over the place and there's little rhyme or reason to it. 

I paid 3.14 with a discount card yesterday (middle of the city on a busy road) and saw prices from 3.17 to 3.49 (out in the country in a small town 30 miles from anywhere) depending on where I was this week with 3.19 to 3.29 being the norm.

9 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Can't imagine anything that could make me go back.  What's holding you, Doc? 

I won't be shooting but I'll sure be at EOT for at least one day.

Waiting for my daughter to finish high school and get situated for college.  So another year or so.

1 hour ago, Doc Shapiro said:

Waiting for my daughter to finish high school and get situated for college.  So another year or so.

Believe it or not, as outdoorsie, historical-and-modern old westie, cowboyish and cowgirlish, and independent as we are here in Central Arizona we have a number of high schools and several different kinds of colleges right here locally and Phoenix is driving distance with lots more colleges, trade schools and the like.

Give it a bit of thought.  I'm pretty sure I saw you thinking a bit from time to time.

14 hours ago, Singin&#x27; Sue 71615 said:

Hey 4T when you get around to visiting give a holler. My wife and I will be in space 20 the Sunday before thru the completion of EOT and we may need to give Shanley and Sue some help with their adult beverages. :)

Not sure who is organizing the potluck this year but the Colorado contingent usually have one on Tuesday or Wednesday evening and of course the wildly beautiful and mysterious Singin' Sue and her other half are invited so you may as well come too.

regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

2 minutes ago, Singin&#x27; Sue 71615 said:

Well...hubby filled up 1/2 way to hunting site $85 for about 16 gal gas.

I made it the 5 hours (don't ask me miles!!!) with the deisel on less than half a tank.

28.7 mpg...does my heart good!!!

What are you driving? a diesel vw rabbit?

Empty on the highway I get about 20 mpg without a trailer. 2008 F350 with 6.4 liter.

with a trailer I get 13 mpg or so (11,000 pound 39 foot 5th wheel) as an average.

Around town about 14-16 depending more on idle time than anything.

But hey I have heard you new mexico hunters are a creative bunch, willing to try just about anything in search of wild game! :)

Just remember when you get your deer (or elk) only one will fit in the back seat of a rabbit (BTDT) and the other is lashed to the roof!

Love ya girl and good luck!

Gateway Kid

2 minutes ago, Gateway Kid SASS# 70038 Life said:

Empty on the highway I get about 20 mpg without a trailer. 2008 F350 with 6.4 liter.

with a trailer I get 13 mpg or so (11,000 pound 39 foot 5th wheel) as an average.

But hey I have heard you new mexico hunters are a creative bunch, willing to try just about anything in search of wild game! :)

Just remember when you get your deer (or elk) only one will fit in the back seat of a rabbit (BTDT) and the other is lashed to the roof!

Gateway Kid

A diesel rabbit would be over 40 mpg.  Had a few of them.  Heck last time diesel was around $5/gallon even that cost almost $75 to fill.    Unfortunately for my wallet, I am driving a pickup again and the epa has effectively made diesels no longer a good choice.    Between the nox standards, dpf, and low sulfer diesel it’s almost impossible to make a diesel more efficient enough to offset the cost difference.  

3 hours ago, Gateway Kid SASS# 70038 Life said:

Gateway Kid

Hahaha!!!

Shanley has the Silverado and mini camper up on Carracus.

Saw 30 go right past camp tonight, so I believe God will supply us at least one!!!

I drove the Dodge Ram...Larame package.

Even hauling the 5th wheel, in rough wind, ect... it will get around 14!!!

Archived