SASS Wire Forum

Old alias document..

portugeejn

That signature by the secretary might be the first indicating of the start of our failing school systems !!! (joke)

He should have just "made his mark "X""

At least you will never know who signed as Secretary !!!  LOL

What year did you get 7429 ?

I was hoping someone would chime in with a date, but as near as I can remember it was in the early 90’s sometime, 1993?  My old brain won’t get closer than that. I know I shot a year or two as a non-SASS member, but the alias I was using was taken when I joined up. 

Too bad they didn't put the date on them. I joined in late 1989, so yours is most likely early 90s.

BTW the secretary was Roz Britton , SASS alias Sara Sota #33. Her husband is Dave Britton, SASS alias RJ Poteet and original Wild Bunch member.

7 hours ago, Maddog McCoy SASS #5672 said:

I joined in 1997 and my SASS Number is 5672.

However, I believe at that time all 5000 numbers were reserved for Life Members until they ran out of numbers.

20211104_225339[1].jpgMaddog, as I remember you are correct. I was unable to afford a life membership at the time, but I remember them needing to get more life numbers, as about the time I joined, their original block of life numbers was running out. 

I joined in 1998 and my number is  21707.  Still plugging along. May not be a race horse anymore but can still run with the herd.  RT.

I joined on 3/6/1997, My number is 12916

SASSCards.jpg

I'm afraid that you'll find no real rhyme or reason to correlate a SASS# and date of joining.  Especially if you live outside the SoCal area.  Even then, no guarantees, as SASS badges and numbers were sent out to various "Ambassadors" to be dispensed locally or throughout a broader area.  Some of those blocks were sold quickly, and others took longer.  

1431720541_IMG_0919(2).JPG.a6cba51436f98ac60e9bc8b4b5c09ee3.JPG

Archived