SASS Wire Forum

SOLD Buckaroo/Buckarette .410 SXS Kit

SOLD This is a project that is essentially done. Stock could use another coat of oil. All parts are there. American Gun Company .410. Its 25.75" barrels are choked IC. LOP is 13.25". When I got gun it had a worn barrel finish and clean crack through wrist. I stripped barrels and browned them. They look really cool that way. Bores are mirror bright. The clean stock break was cleaned of oil and then glued using Acraglas. A brass bolt was inserted to further strengthen repair, even though I was assured the Acraglas was enough. probably needs additional sanding to smooth repair. Got one coat of Tung oil on stock and moved on. My loss is your gain. This would be a dandy gun for a budding Junior Dark Sider! How about $300 SHIPPED. Trades considered. This is a C&R gun.

IMG_20211104_095046398.jpg

IMG_20211104_095123568.jpg

IMG_20211104_095148375.jpg

IMG_20211104_095236079.jpg

IMG_20211104_095212535.jpg

BTT.

BTT for Monday.

30 minutes ago, Muley Gil SASS # 57795 said:

What does it weigh?

About 4.5 lbs.

Answers to questions. No, I have not fired this. It is an unfinished project and I have no other .410s. Repair to wrist is as solid as any gunsmith job, only not as pretty. Grain rose with Acetone and I put too much die in Acraglas. I followed all of the recommended steps for solid bind. Can be made better looking with additional sanding and oil. There is slight play in lockup, but this is not a hot loads gun, being it is pushing, if not past, 100 years old. I shoot trap loads in looser 12 gauges. But as ad says, would make a cool Junior Darksider gun.

10 hours ago, Muley Gil SASS # 57795 said:

Does it have 2 1/2" chambers or 3" chambers?

Not sure, but based on vintage, I'm going to say 2.5". And my original plan was to shoot Holy Black out if 2.5" Magtech. It just seems like the moral thing to do. LOL.

• Dusty Morningwood changed the title to REDUCED Buckaroo/Buckarette .410 SXS Kit

Friday Bump.

Archived