SASS Wire Forum

Lead Price Warning

Chey-Cast sent out an e-mail on the 2nd stating their lead cost will increase from $0.25 to $0.60 per pound starting next year and they will increase bullet prices accordingly.  I placed an order yesterday for more bullets.  I don't want to get priced out of the sport next year.

Based on your post, I just ordered a few thousand more bullets to add to the Hoard of bullets, primers, powder, guns, toilet paper, paper towels, bacon, can goods, survival foods, backup medications, BBQ Pellets, extra propane tanks, rotational gasoline for the generator, extra solar panels on the Motorhome and house, racks of seasonings, large full pantry. Thanks for the Heads up! ;)

53 minutes ago, Snakebite said:

Based on your post, I just ordered a few thousand more bullets to add to the Hoard of bullets, primers, powder, guns, toilet paper, paper towels, bacon, can goods, survival foods, backup medications, BBQ Pellets, extra propane tanks, rotational gasoline for the generator, extra solar panels on the Motorhome and house, racks of seasonings, large full pantry. Thanks for the Heads up! ;)

Don't forget your Twinkies!!!

Unless you are including those in your "survival foods: category  :) I know I do!

Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

9 minutes ago, Hells Comin said:

That's about $3.75 to $9.00 per 1000 rounds if I calculated correctly. 

Hells Comin 

Is that per thousand or per 500?  I did the math and came up with the same numbers you have for 500 bullets of .45 colt 200gr ($3.75 going to $9.00).  What bullet weight are you basing your numbers on?

Talked to SNS casting and they expect a 20 to 25 percent increase.  Got my order into hold me, with what I have, a couple of years.  At my age/health not sure I want to go out much further.

27 minutes ago, Lucky Lead Pepper said:

Is that per thousand or per 500?  I did the math and came up with the same numbers you have for 500 bullets of .45 colt 200gr ($3.75 going to $9.00).  What bullet weight are you basing your numbers on?

I was using 105's in my calculations 

2 minutes ago, Hells Comin said:

I was using 105's in my calculations 

That explains it...that really highlights the cost difference of those big bullets I shoot....  I love my .45 but I could shoot twice as much .38 for the same price.

Means my 1700 lb stash of lead will be worth about $7600 next year

Like money in the. Bank

Buckets of WW’s used to be free and pure lead at the scrap yards was 65 cents a lb

I just got in 2500 .38 bullets a day or two ago, and cast up 50 lbs  of .452 200 Grain bullets.  That did put a small dent in my stash of lead but a very small dent.  

On 11/4/2021 at 11:52 AM, Snakebite said:

You left out Q-tips :lol:

OLG 

Archived