SASS Wire Forum

A Whole New Chapter

Domino Fats 109182

You'll like it.

I have one with a straight "English" stock, Open and Modified.

Just watch the barrel selector. I goofed, playing around with it in the blind and let it sit mid-way. When I touched off some 3" at a goose, both barrels went off.

I made sure it never happened again, I assure you.

3 minutes ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

You'll like it.

I have one with a straight "English" stock, Open and Modified.

Just watch the barrel selector. I goofed, playing around with it in the blind and let it sit mid-way. When I touched off some 3" at a goose, both barrels went off.

I made sure it never happened again, I assure you.

Thank you for the good advice. I haven’t dated this one but as I have recently learned, the earlier ones did not have a barrel selector. According to the tube, the silver trigger is supposed to be an indicator of period of manufacture and lack of selector. I’m not sure if no selector is a good thing or bad thing yet.

This is a good talking point. Does anyone have any thoughts on if a barrel selector on a BSS improves or impairs our game?

Thanks Cold Lake Kid

2 minutes ago, DeaconKC said:

Congrats on a beautiful gun.

Thanks DeaconKC. I really lucked out on this deal. I’ve been on the hunt for a while and when I least expected one to show up…there it was. I would have regretted not picking it up, of course my wife disagrees. Lol

6 minutes ago, Domino Fats 109182 said:

Thanks DeaconKC. I really lucked out on this deal. I’ve been on the hunt for a while and when I least expected one to show up…there it was. I would have regretted not picking it up, of course my wife disagrees. Lol

I am waiting on a CZ Hammer Coach to arrive, so I know the feeling!

12 hours ago, Domino Fats 109182 said:

This is a good talking point. Does anyone have any thoughts on if a barrel selector on a BSS improves or impairs our game?

My SKB’s have been converted to mechanical reset which disabled the selectors on them. Other types of conversions may or may not do that. In any case the now fixed selector fires the right barrel first, left second. Haven’t had any trouble with that and don’t think if it was the other way (left then right) it would make any difference or advantage. Before the conversion when the barrel selector worked if there was no inertia to reset and you had to switch barrels you could push the button then fire or “thump” the buttstock then fire. On yours (and mine now) just pull the trigger again. Whatever the system you will get used to it quickly. 
Enjoy your shotgun, it looks like a beauty. 
Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

19 minutes ago, Gateway Kid SASS# 70038 Life said:

My SKB’s have been converted to mechanical reset which disabled the selectors on them. Other types of conversions may or may not do that. In any case the now fixed selector fires the right barrel first, left second. Haven’t had any trouble with that and don’t think if it was the other way (left then right) it would make any difference or advantage. Before the conversion when the barrel selector worked if there was no inertia to reset and you had to switch barrels you could push the button then fire or “thump” the buttstock then fire. On yours (and mine now) just pull the trigger again. Whatever the system you will get used to it quickly. 
Enjoy your shotgun, it looks like a beauty. 
Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

Thanks Gateway Kid

Archived