SASS Wire Forum

Just another scam

Randy Atcher, SASS #54380

Has anybody done business with GUNSVALLEY.COM?  They say they have primers, powder and most other reloading supplies in stock.  Their prices are lowest seen in years.

https://gunsvalley.com/product/federal-small-pistol-primers-100/

Lots of good info here to help spot website scams

1 minute ago, Silver Creek Jack said:

How do you go about checking these guys out to make sure they are legit?

If they don't take VISA or MasterCard Its a SCAM.

Another clue is no quantity limits. I could put 100,000 primers in my cart

Scammers!   
Website mentions Texas,  address is this building in the middle of nowhere NJ. 

Just now, Not Dead Ed said:

Scammers!   
Website mentions Texas,  address is this building in the middle of nowhere NJ. 

65F082B1-43D7-49FA-A10B-B312DB058EC6.png

8 minutes ago, Silver Creek Jack said:

Look at website, they tend to look the same,  check address and the google street view and see who lives there, check for bad grammar, where someone who uses English as a second language created or copied things badly. Last check payment information if you needed a last confirmation.  PayPal and Zelle, and Bitcoin are typical for scammers. 
If they accept Amex, that’s a good sign.  

3 minutes ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Uhm...

Email is 

Info@example.com

(For BOTH supossed instructors)

Check the phone #'s 88001234567

And is the language French? What?

Not hard to find scams.

Language is Latin that they use to show generic text….  Used to get mass in Latin before Vatican II.  Never understood what the priest was sayin’….  

If you "ping" gunsvalley.com you get 35.224.238.210 for the IP address.  Using an IP location service like LiveMap the location of the host computer is Council Bluffs Nebraska.  I looked up the URL registration which is as follows:

Domain Information
Dates
  • Registry Expiration: 2022-08-10 23:09:55 UTC
  • Created: 2021-08-10 23:09:55 UTC
Contact Information
Registrant:

SCAM!

I reckon they ain't figured out that you can go to hell for stealing, same as you can for murder. 

Time ain't on their side. 

I despise a thief...I don't care if they come in and steal cobwebs...I still hate a thief. 

They steal your money, yes, but they also steal the precious, limited, moments of your life, that you spent working, in order to earn a wage, so you can buy things. They steal your life. 

I hope all thieves lose a hand, get it replaced by an iron hook, and then get a severe case of jock itch. 

One way to detect of they are scammers is to copy and search the wording on the website. In most cases a scammer is going to mirror a real site.

As it turns out three websites come up with the same content.

I am going out on a limb and say Tacticool and Grizzly Custom are also scam websites. Grizzly Custom may be real but just hasn't developed their website fully.

The "Latin" is just placeholder text in the Wordpress macro that the webmaster is supposed to replace with valid text.

image.png.e3f8bca91bc4c747277b20c8d3e5d63a.png

image.thumb.png.7f543102a06b38686432f8ade50ed897.png

image.thumb.png.c9476b7a4b189cb2c3b2f4e8d4e3454d.png

21 hours ago, Silver Creek Jack said:

If they won't accept credit cards, stay away.  Scammers want payment sources that don't leave you any recourse if they take the money and run.

22 hours ago, Not Dead Ed said:

Look at website, they tend to look the same,  check address and the google street view and see who lives there, check for bad grammar, where someone who uses English as a second language created or copied things badly. Last check payment information if you needed a last confirmation.  PayPal and Zelle, and Bitcoin are typical for scammers. 
If they accept Amex, that’s a good sign.  

They used to have a look, but it is improving. I looked at one a couple weeks ago and only found one typo.

The big clue at this time is only taking some combination of PayPal, VenMo, Zelle, or BitCoin. And no option for Visa, MasterCard, or Amex. Even for those payment services which in theory offer buyer protection, they do not provide it if it is used to buy guns, ammo, or other items prohibited by the terms of use.

If you complain to the payment company, the payment service might be able to get the money back from the seller but that does not mean you get your money back, it means you get your account cancelled too.

Archived