SASS Wire Forum

If you’re following the Rittenhouse trial

Buckshot Bob

/\ you are on a cowboy shooting forum and can't all agree. Random selection jury selected and acceptable to both sides might take a while to either come to concensus or declare hung jury.

AND the judge still has 2 motions for mistrial to rule on. 

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

This verdict is taking way longer than it should.  

I read it on the internet and saw it on YouTube “so take it for what it’s worth” 

They are saying 2 of the jury members lives and families lives have been threatened and the US Marshall’s have been called in.

Possible reason for the long timeframe? Who knows 

12 hours ago, Buckshot Bob said:

I read it on the internet and saw it on YouTube “so take it for what it’s worth” 

They are saying 2 of the jury members lives and families lives have been threatened and the US Marshall’s have been called in.

Possible reason for the long timeframe? Who knows 

Could be that, but also could be that they just want to comb over every part of the evidence and argument to be sure of their verdict. Hopefully they will have a verdict that comes from what was only presented at the trial, not a verdict based on fear, feelings/emotions.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

20 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

This verdict is taking way longer than it should.  

Having had some experience with courts and juries I would disagree. There is no “should”. It will take as long as it takes.

Contrary to popular belief most juries take their responsibilities very seriously. It is not an easy job at all.

I wonder if there will be sanctions for the prosecution.  There seemed to be several instances of misconduct.

1. Questioning the defendant's right to remain silent in front of the jury

2. Bringing up evidence the judge had excluded

3. Giving the defense a lower resolution video than the one the prosecution used

4. Withholding the identity of 'Jump kick man'

I certainly would hope that they citizens of that county would replace that District Attorney at the next election.  The new DA could clean out the trash in the office.  This was a case of prosecutorial over reach based on political motivation.  Hopefully the citizens in that county will pay more attention to what they are electing to office.

The proper verdict based on evidence and argument, logic and common sense instead of fear, feelings/emotions, and ideology (politics).

Good day for justice.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

24 minutes ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

I certainly would hope that they citizens of that county would replace that District Attorney at the next election.  The new DA could clean out the trash in the office.  This was a case of prosecutorial over reach based on political motivation.  Hopefully the citizens in that county will pay more attention to what they are electing to office.

This case mimics the George Zimmerman trial in so many ways. An overzealous, politically-motivated DA. Families of the deceased portraying them as a sweet, gentle angel who didn't do nuthin' and was in fact a hero who gave their life trying to disarm a white, racist gun-toting nutjob. I could go on but it's pretty obvious.

One thing is for sure, if you're ever involved in a self-defense altercation, even inside your own home, don't expect the bad guy's family to admit he was being a bad boy and was responsible for his own demise. Instead expect the opposite.

1 hour ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

Neither side seems happy with him at the moment.

4 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

2 hours ago, sassnetguy50 said:

Neither side seems happy with him at the moment.

And yet, by the time the next election comes around, they will probably just vote for whoever has the party they like beside his name.

Archived