SASS Wire Forum

If you’re following the Rittenhouse trial

Buckshot Bob

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No matter what the final outcome is, young Rittenhouse is the loser.

We know if he is found guilty he will spend a LOT of time in jail where he will certainly not be a hero.

If he is found not guilty he will have to move far away, change his name, and live the live of a fugitive because of the leftist pukes who will haunt him forever.

Monday was a disaster for the prosecution. 

Their star witness, Grosskreutz, testified that he was concerned about the attack on Rittenhouse with the skateboard.  He testified that he felt that more than one person was using deadly force against Rittenhouse and that he was concerned for Rittenhouse's safety. 

Grosskreutz also testified that Rittenhouse didn't shoot anyone who wasn't attacking him, and that Rittenhouse didn't shoot him until he pointed a loaded pistol at his head from a distance of three feet. 

Basically he made the defense's case for them. 

So far the prosecution has not presented 1 piece of evidence supporting the charges, nada, none. They haven't even proven that Rittenhouse was "illegally" carrying a long gun.

Interesting that the FACT that the FBI was circling overhead with a surveillance drone and then tried to HIDE the fact that they were circling overhead with a surveillance drone seems to be but a blip on everyone's privacy radar.

It just happened to be "right there"  even though the press and government were labeling this type of event as a peaceful protest that transcended the need for a COVID mask or any of the other restrictions being placed on peoples civil liberties during that time frame. 

Even though releasing the "secret footage" or at least referencing the knowledge of it would have  ensured that the public was truthfully informed about what was going on in our nations streets.  Even though a few ounces of honesty and transparency  would have absolutely impacted the social trajectory and messaging that portrayed the two dead protestors as poor innocent victims of an evil young extremist.  

Forget for a moment that the current judge passing out trial  guidance is being painted as biased - because most of the facts are just now becoming public.  Question why the real story seems to be that a young man was carrying a gun - just like the violent felon that tried to kill him - the real story is how terrible it is that a 17 year old citizen is part of the story.  The real story SHOULD be that violent criminals inflaming riots and encouraging public unrest are the problem.  The real story should be "play stupid games - win stupid prizes".

but it isnt

The story the media wants us to see is the tragic story of a misguided gun toting 17 year old kid that murdered a few innocent protestors during a BLM rally.

The story is just another example of  the FBI doing what they do - and getting away with it - without so much as a raised eyebrow to ask why this type of thing is going on.  Most citizens are content to consume whatever the media feeds them regardless of the facts.  Lets just mumble things like  "everyone is innocent until proven guiltly" out of one side of our mouth while consistently passing judgement before the REAL facts are able to escape into the light of day.

Nothing to see here folks...

...move along

The prosecutor is the worst I've ever seen. He's a six pack short of a six pack kind of guy. Why this isn't dropped is like the Brandon WH trying to lower fuel costs by considering eliminating another pipeline.

I was just watching this, the prosecutor is overstepping his bounds and this judge don’t like it!!

I think Kyle will get off, its a clear example of self defense! Whether or not Kyle was legally carrying is another situation but that’s not what he’s on trial for anyway.

Worst prosecution presentation I have seen since the OJ trial.

25 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Worst prosecution presentation I have seen since the OJ trial.

An account I read said that they might be messing it up on purpose to get a mistrial, and then another trial later.

The defense has asked for a mistrial based on the prosecution’s violations of the defendant’s rights and the judge’s previous rulings about admissible evidence to prevent just that.

On 11/3/2021 at 12:40 PM, Rye Miles #13621 said:

He was also underage to carry a firearm I think he was 17 at the time. 

It isn't a crime in all cases for 17 year olds to carry rifles in WI.  His friend who bought & handed the AR-15 to Kyle was an adult & was present onsite.*  The State has rested it case wo/presenting any evidence of violating rifle possession by 17 year old charge. 

P.S. Based on the prosecution's exhibits & testimony the jury can't return guilty or no verdicts.   The prosecution did there best to try as case that only went to trial because the State is worried shitless that if they failed to indict cities will burn like last summer.  Every one of their witnesses including the cop was a defense witness after cross.  The ADA's seem to be as incompetent as Marsha Clark & Chris Darden.  The criminalist didn't know squat about statistics.  When you have multiple probabilities you don't ADD them.  You multiply them.  If asked I would have answered that the probability of a individual's DNA met all the probabilities is there is or has been only one in all the time humans have roamed the earth.  They were too stupid to not know that leather shrinks when wet.

*The only person who is in legal hot water is Kyle's friend who purchased the AR-15.  Before he talked to the cops, ATF or FBI he should have paid for legal council; because, there is no evidence that Kyle had control of the AR-15 when the purchaser wasn't on scene.  It is kind of hard for the DOJ to prove the purchase was a straw purchase.

2 hours ago, Buckshot Bob said:

The 'law-talkin' man'! Love his stuff, and Troy McClure. Phil Hartman was the best! RIP

Not calling anyone out, BUT I can't believe some of the opinions expressed here.

This country really is in worse shape than I thought.

That kid ran from conflict he did not incite it! he did all he could to avoid it but did what he had to do to save himself when he could back away no more.

I am glad I am as old as I am and feel sorry that my kids have to live in this new society!

1 hour ago, Duffield, SASS #23454 said:

I am having a real problem with the newscasters who keep referring to the rioters as "protesters."

I've been hearing something about Kyle shooting and injuring an armed paramedic. Is that the child molester with a pistol and no valid carry permit? The one that did not get shot until he aimed at Kyle's head?

4 hours ago, Duffield, SASS #23454 said:

I am having a real problem with the newscasters who keep referring to the rioters as "protesters."

Yep. Also the POTUS calling the defendant a "white supremacist". That's defamation. After his not guilty verdict comes in, if it was me, I would introduce the biggest lawsuit you ever seen. You know how hard it would be to get a job from any left wing place after this?

4 hours ago, Dutch Nichols, SASS #6461 said:

Not calling anyone out, BUT I can't believe some of the opinions expressed here.

This country really is in worse shape than I thought.

That kid ran from conflict he did not incite it! he did all he could to avoid it but did what he had to do to save himself when he could back away no more.

I am glad I am as old as I am and feel sorry that my kids have to live in this new society!

Amen!

I saw a post started by a liberal woke woman who described herself as very intelligent. She admitted that only today did she discover that the people Rittenhouse defended himself from were white people. In her wokeness she just assumed they were all POC she admitted. She was flabbergasted to discover this.

Then several more liberal woke women followed suit admitting the exact same thing.

This has been in the news for how long and these highly intelligent (self described) liberals just found this out.

7 hours ago, Smokin Gator SASS #29736 said:

I saw a post started by a liberal woke woman who described herself as very intelligent. She admitted that only today did she discover that the people Rittenhouse defended himself from were white people. In her wokeness she just assumed they were all POC she admitted. She was flabbergasted to discover this.

Then several more liberal woke women followed suit admitting the exact same thing.

This has been in the news for how long and these highly intelligent (self described) liberals just found this out.

I think they actually believe the media is not lying to them . If there wasn’t video evidence even more people would believe. 
This whole prosecution is about sending the message that a citizen had better not step in and do anything when the government decides to let a angry mob do as it pleases . All purely political 

The police are employees of the government. 

The government is made up of the people.

When employees don't do their job in an organization SOMEBODY has to.

Like all organizations our country has people who will sit and watch it burn while saying 'somebody should do something'

The police are employees of the people not management. We don't live in a totalitarian police state yet.

I have seen several comments from people stating a feeling along the lines of 'what gave him the right to show up there armed'. I should be able to walk around every day as armed as I want as a citizen. Their right to protest/riot/loot/burn does not abrogate my 2a. 

When Ferguson mo caught I worked 1/2 mile from there. Darn Skippy I loaded heavy and carried armor. Seemed prudent.

Legislation and social engineering seem to have changed our society to accept rioting as legit but open carry freaks people out.

Trying cases in the media seems to be the new thing. Let's let the Judiciary do their thing.

Re post from an associate so I can't take credit.............

Since a number of people don't seem to have their mind right on the trial of the day:

1. There is a difference between "Shouldn't have been there" and

"Shouldn't have had to be there."

2. If you think that defending a community against violent rioting criminals (whether or not the cops have pulled back as they did in this case) is "looking for trouble", congratulations, the state has effectively conditioned you into an obedient drone who thinks your inherent responsibilities as a citizen of this republic are somehow wrong.

26 minutes ago, Dutch Nichols, SASS #6461 said:

Re post from an associate so I can't take credit.............

Since a number of people don't seem to have their mind right on the trial of the day:

1. There is a difference between "Shouldn't have been there" and

"Shouldn't have had to be there."

2. If you think that defending a community against violent rioting criminals (whether or not the cops have pulled back as they did in this case) is "looking for trouble", congratulations, the state has effectively conditioned you into an obedient drone who thinks your inherent responsibilities as a citizen of this republic are somehow wrong.

Correct and especially when the police were ordered to "stand down", Kyle was helping out the community! He's a true Patriot in my eyes!

Oddly 

when UN peacekeeprs arrive on scene - they look EXACTLY like combat troops.  UN Peacekeepers show up armed to the teeth - the very last thing they are looking for is trouble.

The ROE is even written so that the only reason for them to employ their weapons is "in self defense"

...or so I was told by a combat vet

but hey, lets not confuse facts with messaging 

Archived