SASS Wire Forum

Sold—Thanks

have for sale a pair of 5-1/2" Pietta 1860 Army Revolvers with Navy Grips.

Both guns have Good bores, good bluing with holster wear at the muzzles, and some scratches around the wedge slot.

44 Caliber (.451 or .454 round ball)

1860 with Blued Steel Triggerguartd & Backstrap:

Grips in nice condition with a few dents and bumps

Barrel has a few scratches & marks, especially around the wedge slot on the right side.

Not all that bad, but I want to mention it

Date code "BU" = 2004 manufacture

plain (not engraved) cylinder with Slix nipples

Cap Guards by Rowdy Yates of Lee's Gunsmithing in Orange, CA

What are Cap Guards? -- A bit of the recoil shield is removed, and replaced by a piece of steel with a slot in it  (Cap Guard) that prevents the spent cap from falling into the action.  Then, the hammer face is profiled, so that the hammer gets thru the slot to pop the cap, but the spent cap cannot fall into the hammer channel & tie up the gun.  They work great!

Actions by Coffinmaker.

1860 with Brass Triggerguartd & Backstrap:

Grips in nice condition with a few dents and bumps

Again, Barrel has a few scratches & marks, especially around the wedge slot on the right side.

Not all that bad, but I want to mention it

Date code "BU" = 2004 manufacture

Roll engraved cylinder with Treso nipples (I can replace them with slix if you would rather have them)

Cap Guards by Rowdy Yates of Lee's Gunsmithing in Orange, CA

What are Cap Guards? -- A bit of the recoil shield is removed, and replaced by a piece of steel with a slot in it  (Cap Guard) that prevents the spent cap from falling into the action.  Then, the hammer face is profiled, so that the hammer gets thru the slot to pop the cap, but the spent cap cannot fall into the hammer channel & tie up the gun.  They work great!

Actions by Coffinmaker.

These are nice guns.

$875 shipped to your door

Shipped USPS Priority Mail, fully insured.

Personal Checks/Money Orders work for me.

Thanks for looking

--Dawg

DSC_0733.JPG

DSC_0734.JPG

DSC_0735.JPG

DSC_0736.JPG

cap guard.JPG

• Prairie Dawg, SASS #50329 changed the title to For Sale -- A Nice Pair of Pietta 5-1/2 Inch, 44 Caliber Army Revolvers With Navy Grips

Archived