SASS Wire Forum

interesting piece of mail

Alpo

Got a letter from Wells Fargo. If I open an account with them, they will give me $200. If I have an account with them that has at least 25 Grand in it at the end of the month, and still has the 25 Grand in it at the end of three months, they will give me $300. And if I open the account, and then have the 25 thousand in it for a month and then three months, they will give me both, for a total of $500.

Then it said that this offer was non-transferable. It was only good for the person it was sent to.

The address was DEAR RESIDENT.

Mebbe so. But if Wells Fargo was the only bank in the world, I'd keep my money under my mattress, or bury it in mason jars in the backyard. But I would not deal with them.

On 11/2/2021 at 10:08 PM, Alpo said:

Mebbe so. But if Wells Fargo was the only bank in the world, I'd keep my money under my mattress, or bury it in mason jars in the backyard. But I would not deal with them.

Add BoA to that list as well

When I bought my car in 2017 Wells Fargo gave me the best interest rate of anyone! I paid it off in 6 months and there was no "early payoff charge" like most others. Wells Fargo is great in my book!

When my mother died we took a chunk of her estate and put it in the bank to take care of upkeep on her house until we sold it. The bank was Wachovia. A year later Wells Fargo bought out Wachovia, and the first thing they did was assess us with a $100 fee. Why? Hell if I know. Because they could, probably. But the fact is they stole $100 from us. And we close the account immediately. Wells Fargo and everything and everybody in it can burn in hell for all I care.

On 11/2/2021 at 8:08 PM, Alpo said:

1 hour ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Add BoA to that list as well

Ditto!

Both banks jerked me around in the past. I will never do business with either. By the way, back east, Wachovia is the same as Wells Fargo. I believe Wachovia owns Wells Fargo or vice versa. 

We've been banking with local bank for the past 40 years.  They have been sold and merged 4 times.  The last one was Ameris Bank.  Soon after they took over, I got a letter in the mail telling me that my monthly checking account fee was going to be $20 unless I jumped through a bunch of hoops.  

I changed over our banking to USAA.  They don't have a local branch but I haven't needed one.  They have been great and someone actually answers the phone if I call with a question.    

I'm through with monster mega banks.

On 11/2/2021 at 10:08 PM, Alpo said:

that is my assessment as well , first with a checking/savings account in the late 70s/early 80s then again with a retirement account in the early 2000s , ill never give them another dime 

Archived