SASS Wire Forum

Warmup match Tombstone, EOT. Need motel advice.

Lowdown Larry

Howdy, I'm shooting my first EOT and Warmup in Tombstone. Need some advice with some decent motels in both cities. Although I did make a reservation in Phoenix which I can cancel, I'm amazed at the negative reviews with every motel I looked at having filthy rooms, drugs, bums hanging outside. I realize that some reviews could be on purpose.  Haven't been there since the 90's when I drove truck. I have been looking at motels in Tombstone but not sure which one is better. Would like some past experience input instead of reading reviews. Thanks, Lowdown Larry

Larry,

If you go to the website for EOT they mention some hotels that are giving deals for EOT. You might want to also checkout the Anthem area (North of the range - but still pretty close)

https://endoftrail.org/more-info/

John and I have always stayed at either an AirBnB or VRVO - just like the comfort of being in a house vs a hotel.

TL

Larry - check out this link for Tombstone

Too Tall Bob

https://tombstonechamber.com/directory/places-to-stay-in-tombstone-az/

For Phoenix, the daughter and I have stayed at the Drury Inn (Happy Valley). More high toney than I would usually stay but it's sure nice.

We used to stay in Tombstone until we discovered lodging in Sierra Vista was generally more affordable. It also has several restaurant chains. We do lunch in Tombstone during the week when the crowds are smaller.

Last time in Tombstone [ '015] we stayed at the 'Trail Rider Inn ..loved it ! Was run by an English couple who have since moved back to the UK, so not sure what it is like now.

Actually we were married there so it has a special place for us.....

Got hitched in the Injun' gear ..

2015-02-20 19.58.45.jpg

2 hours ago, Painted Mohawk SASS 77785 said:

Last time in Tombstone [ '015] we stayed at the 'Trail Rider Inn ..loved it ! Was run by an English couple who have since moved back to the UK, so not sure what it is like now.

Actually we were married there so it has a special place for us.....

Got hitched in the Injun' gear ..

2015-02-20 19.58.45.jpg

Thanks for letting me know. Wow what a way to get Married, and nice injun' gear.

My rundown on Tombstone.

Just for background - I have stayed at the:

Trailrider

Larian

Tombstone Grand

Landmark

Katies Kozy Kabins

and various hotels/ motels in Sierra Vista.

My preferences:

Tombstone Grand (clean, comfortable, normal hotel)

Katies Kozy Kabins (individual cabins, kitchenette, privacy, porches and a deer path next to the cabins to watch in the evening)

Sierra Vista (cheaper, more selection, Wal-Mart, Dennys and Burger King {as much as I enjoy eating in downtown Tombstone - the variety and cost gets old pretty quickly})

No slam toward the other properties - they have their "charms" but are pretty standard motel/ hotel properties (imo).

I cannot speak about any other properties or BnB not listed - a couple of the rooms that overlook the main drag seem interesting.

Archived