SASS Wire Forum

The California Connection?

I am absolutely not a "conspiracy theorist."  But something just piqued my interest.

There is an article on Fox News about the Biden administration proposing to do away with most cash bail as part of a "gender equality" plan:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-releases-gender-equity-plan-that-calls-for-eliminating-cash-bail

This in itself is interesting.  Actually, it might be kind of startling. 

But for those of us in California, well... this is nothing new.  Under the Brown/Newsom Reichs, legislation was enacted and approved to pretty much do away with the bail system in California.  

During the early planning stages, the state Attorney General was none other than Kamala Harris.  In 2016 California senator Barbara Boxer decided to not run for re-election.  Thanks to California's "Jungle Primary" system, Harris easily replaced Boxer.  

When Harris moved into her senator role, she was replaced as Attorney General by Xavier Becerra.  It was under Mr Becerra's watch that the radical state bail plan became a reality; Mr Becerra now holds the position of Secretary of Health and Human Services in the Biden Administration.  And we all know what Kamala's current job is. 

My point here is that we should be alert for any inordinate level of California influence on national policy.  We would all be well advised to be watchful.

I pray we don't see any attempts to apply California "logic" to Federal gun laws.  The Brown/Newsom - Harris/Becerra reigns saw California's already restrictive gun laws became shockingly draconian.   Hopefully this present move will not be a portent of things to come.  

But please... be vigilant.   

Thankfully, the Supreme Court has been effectively vaccinated against liberal gun philosophy - so far.  The upcoming decision of the NY State Rifle & Pistol Association case may help close the door to tinkering with most 2nd Amendment rights for the foreseeable future.

Fingers crossed.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/cert/20-843

LL

Archived