SASS Wire Forum

I saw a gun at a shop the other day...

portugeejn

So, if you run across a gun for what seems like a good price in a local gun shop and you aren't interested in it, but it might be of interest to a CAS person, is there a place on the wire where you might say something about it? 

Here

Probably right here would be good. Best to provide make, type, model and caliber info along with the gun shop's info. 

You might also want to be aware of question 11a on form 4473 if you have any plans on "helping out" someone.;)

portageejn,

What club(s) do you normally shoot in E.TN?     Just curious cause I normally shoot at club(s) in E.TN and I don't

think we have ever met.

Maybe soon.

..........Widder

I know a local gun shop where there's a pair of Smoke Wagons in .357. They both have 1860 grips, one has checkered grips the other smooth. PM me if interested.

IS THIS OKAY??

21 minutes ago, Frontier Lone Rider said:

SASS Alias look-up:  No matches found for portugeejn

FWIW:

That is likely from his email address.

Portugee John Phillips used to shoot at R.U.C.A.S. (Renton, WA).

Avatar photo is from their website.

SASS membership may not be current, so alias would not be listed.

Pale Wolf is correct (thanks Pale Wolf). Although I have the original of my avatar photo. I think that River Walker (RIP) took it, (although it may have been Cedar).  Shot for a number of years at R.U.C.A.S., then moved to Oregon & became less active & finally let my SASS membership lapse. We recently were able to move to East Tennessee (at last-my wife went to school out here and I really love it).   I still remain interested in old timey stuff, & Cowboy guns are still my primary interest. I hope to stay connected, even if my health does not allow me to enjoy shooting as much. 

Just once as I remember, but it’s been a long time & don’t remember for sure- for some reason I remember Chilliwack in B.C., but I don’t know for sure if that was the place or not.  I visited visited B.C. a lot when I lived in Washington state.  Most of the time River Walker & China Bar came down to shoot at R.U.C.A.S. in Renton, WA 

On 11/1/2021 at 9:09 AM, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

portageejn,

What club(s) do you normally shoot in E.TN?     Just curious cause I normally shoot at club(s) in E.TN and I don't

think we have ever met.

Maybe soon.

..........Widder

Hey Widder! Tried to send you a PM but it said NO!   I am currently not shooting anywhere, but have not lost my love of Cowboy guns & accoutrements. I am hoping that time & my health allows me to shoot in matches again, but I at least hope to attend some matches here in  East Tennesse once we get settled well & time allows. Hopefully we can connect sometime & meet in person. 

Portugee John 

So…. The gun that started this thread was a Century Arms PW87 12 gauge Lever Action Shotgun on the shelf $359 at Buffalo Mountain Outdoors in Unicoi, Tennessee.   I have since looked that gun up & found the pricing is just “OK”, but it is in stock on the shelf. FWIW

Portugee John

3 hours ago, portugeejn said:

So…. The gun that started this thread was a Century Arms PW87 12 gauge Lever Action Shotgun on the shelf $359 at Buffalo Mountain Outdoors in Unicoi, Tennessee.   I have since looked that gun up & found the pricing is just “OK”, but it is in stock on the shelf. FWIW

Portugee John

So you're here in Far-East Tennessee. Those people in Knoxville think they're in East Tennessee, but we're two and a half hours east of them! Welcome to the neighborhood!!

I knew I was way east when my wife and I went for a drive after church & the next thing I know there is a sign saying “Welcome to North Carolina”! :-)

38 minutes ago, Mudflat Mike, SASS #20904 said:

Glad ta hear you're still kicking!  This place has gotten 200% worse since ya left and it gets worse every day.  Ya did right to move when the gettin was good!

Mudflat

Yup, still have lots of contacts there and in Oregon, and the stories I see make me sad for the folk there, but glad we were able to move.  We really like east Tennessee.  It is beautiful, especially in the fall with all the leaves turning. 

Archived