SASS Wire Forum

Tusco Charity/Josey Wales Match

Buckaroo Bubba

Howdy All,

The end of the Tusco season is coming quickly. The Josey Wales/Charity Match will be this coming Saturday, November 6th. Safety Meeting at 10am. We will be setting up all the stages for Josey Wales. You DO NOT have to shoot Josey Wales, you may shoot a regular match if you would like. There will be 5 shotgun targets setup on each stage. Categories will be divided up as well, example, Josey Wales Gunfighter, Josey Wales 49er, etc. We will be setting up 5 stages, shooting the first one you start on twice, if you want, the warm up stage. Scoring 5 stages. 

Pam's chuckwagon will be open with breakfast and lunch available for purchase. 

We will NOT be doing a Potluck Lunch. We will let Pam handle all the food again this year with Covid still in our presence. 

This is our Charity match. All the proceeds from this match will go the Midvale/Barnhill Shared Christmas Program. Those are the two towns that surround our range. The money will go to each town's Christmas program to help some families during the holidays. Come on out and help us make a nice donation. (Free Match certificates are not valid for this match, we want to donate as much as we can for this charity.)

This is the last time we will be collecting donations for Wags 4 Warriors. We will be accepting dog supplies, or monetary donations. 

Also, we will have a raffle for Starline Brass Gift Certificates. Starline generously donated gift certificates for High Noon at Tusco. They had sent 3 certificates in one envelope, which I wasn't aware of. Our very honest Cowboy, Lucky 13, who selected the envelope off the prize table at High Noon informed us of what was in the envelope and wanted us to have the other certificates back. So we decided to raffle them off for our Charity. 

If you were at High Noon at Tusco there were some items left in the lost and found. If you lost a set of camper keys, screw knife, or capper. Please let me know. 

Moosetracks and I will also have a bunch of stuff that belonged to our old friend Johnny Lee Dillon who past away a couple of years ago. We decided to bring it to Tusco to see if anyone could use any of it. All we ask is you make a donation for whatever you think it's worth, and all the money will go to our charity. Johnny Lee Dillon was a great cowboy and we thought this would be a good way to make sure his stuff got used by the Cowboys. 

The October newsletter has been posted. https://www.tuscolongriders.com/newsletter

Thank you! See you next Saturday!

Buckaroo Bubba

Weather looks great for Saturday -- Fallish but DRY!!

Good day to wear all yer Cowboy gear without sweating like a hog!!!

Come shoot with us -- Might not find another day this year as nice as this  one!!

--Dawg

midvale.jpg

Thank you to everyone who joined us at our last match of the year at Tusco. Our Charity Match was once again a huge success. Our very generous Cowboys/Cowgirls raised $2,300 for our Charity! Wow!! So awesome to be around these great people. 

Congrats to Wright Wiley our Top Overall/Men's Shooter, Cayenne Kay our Top Ladies/Ladies Josey Wales Shooter, and Life-R our Top Josey Wales Shooter!

Scores are posted, check them out: https://www.tuscolongriders.com/2021-scores

Thank you for another great year at Tusco! See you in 2022. 

Buckaroo Bubba

Dang near perfect shooting weather, cool in the morning but not a cloud in the sky all day. Great match for a great cause put on by a great crew. My only time shooting Josey Wales during the year......didn't shoot for crap but had a great time with cowboy friends. Thanks again to the entire Tusco crew for another great year. 

It was just a fantastic day for shooting among friends.  The pards chipped in to make some worthy children a better Christmas and I would not have expected any less.

TUSCO is the epitome for those that say you come for the shooting but come back for the pards.

Another great Shooting Year thanks to Bubba, Dawg, Moose Tracks, Split Rail, Angie Oakly, Stone Creek Drifter and all who make this happen in such a positive atmosphere.  Also to Hooligan for keeping me on my toes, with what do you mean I have to aim.

Thanks Again,

Frontier Lone Rider

PS:  And yes, I gave the biscuits and gravy a try and Rye & Coffin Maker are right on

17 hours ago, Sixgun Seamus said:

Dang near perfect shooting weather, cool in the morning but not a cloud in the sky all day. Great match for a great cause put on by a great crew. My only time shooting Josey Wales during the year......didn't shoot for crap but had a great time with cowboy friends. Thanks again to the entire Tusco crew for another great year. 

I was kinda glad that I beat you but then I remembered you shot Josey Wales, so no comparison. I'll see ya next time!!!:P

Had a great time shooting. Nice place to shoot and great people to shoot with. I will definitely be back!

Archived