Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum

Not Enough Runway


Recommended Posts

Was that even anywhere near airport property ? Or, just a guy with a light plane and a straight asphalt stretch ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Capt. R. Hugh Kidnme said:

Was that even anywhere near airport property ? Or, just a guy with a light plane and a straight asphalt stretch ?

 

That might be in Alaska where it's not uncommon for aircraft to use streets as runways.

 

My guess is too much weight in the aircraft.

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looking at the good Subdeacon's quick vid of fuel-up and takeoff in Alaska ...

I recall reading about a fellow who landed near a rural Nevada gas station, walked over to the pump with a gas can and said a little hesitantly, "This must be a little unusual," and the old timer running the place said "Sure is, son, most folks taxi right up to the pump!"

  • Haha 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Linn Keller, SASS 27332, BOLD 103 said:

Looking at the good Subdeacon's quick vid of fuel-up and takeoff in Alaska ...

I recall reading about a fellow who landed near a rural Nevada gas station, walked over to the pump with a gas can and said a little hesitantly, "This must be a little unusual," and the old timer running the place said "Sure is, son, most folks taxi right up to the pump!"

I taxied up to the pump in Montello NV and so did  lot of other folks.  Rather common to land on the pavement hiway then taxi over to the dirt runway and park

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Did the guy at the end fall out of the plane or the car?

It looks like he was in the car and bailed out. When he first comes into the video the plane is just about to hit the car. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

 

That might be in Alaska where it's not uncommon for aircraft to use streets as runways.

 

My guess is too much weight in the aircraft.

Foreign country. You can tell by surroundings and license plate on the front of a car. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can you imagine the call to the insurance company on that one?

 

"Safeco Insurance, this is Pam, can I help you?"

"Uh, yeah, ummm... I need to file a claim. I just got rear-ended by an airplane."

"You said an airplane?!?"

"Yeah."

"So, how fast WERE you going???"

"I didn't think you'd believe it..."

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.