SASS Wire Forum

Need a price for vintage .45 ACP ammo

Flaco Joe

I have a few boxes of vintage .45 ACP ammo. I got it when I inherited my grandfather’s 1911. I’m keeping some of it, but have more than is needed for display.

I’d appreciate it if someone can give me a ball park value for a box as a collector item.

F0F94798-0F68-4D5E-A811-7EF1D5F5244A.jpeg

B4901264-FBC0-458E-8ACE-D1351818BE06.jpeg

There are no other markings anywhere on the box.  The head stamp on the brass reads “WCC 64”. I assume that means Winchester Cartridge Company 1964? I know my grandfather received the gun from the CMP in 1964 for $17.50.

It was called DCM  Division of Civilian Marksmanship not CMP I got a M1 carbine for the same price +$2.50 shipping those were the days .

Woodfox

Just now, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Probably...$30ish for the full box.

Not super collectable.

Phantom

Once again Phantom is right!

I probably have 5 ammo cans full of the same stuff. 

Thank you gentlemen. Reckon I should just shoot it for that price. It’s cheaper than you can get for ammo up here these days. I just saw a box of cowboy .45 Colt for $56!!! Those were the days, indeed. 

14 hours ago, Flaco Joe said:

I have a few boxes of vintage .45 ACP ammo. I got it when I inherited my grandfather’s 1911. I’m keeping some of it, but have more than is needed for display.

I’d appreciate it if someone can give me a ball park value for a box as a collector item.

F0F94798-0F68-4D5E-A811-7EF1D5F5244A.jpeg

B4901264-FBC0-458E-8ACE-D1351818BE06.jpeg

If you want to sell a box or 2 let me know. 

I only have three boxes, and I’m in Alaska. I think the HazMat fees for shipping would far exceed the ammo’s worth. 

12 minutes ago, Flaco Joe said:

I only have three boxes, and I’m in Alaska. I think the HazMat fees for shipping would far exceed the ammo’s worth. 

There's no HazMat fee for finished ammo...but the shipping price would be rather high. Besides, they are readily available here in the lower 48.

Phantom

Archived