SASS Wire Forum

Eye candy for 1911 fans.

Captain Bill Burt

SWEEET! I once found some real ivory grips in a pawn shop/gun shop for a Blackhawk. $35 (that was cheap back then). To my horror they were for some older frame. Shoulda kept them. I was in high school or early college at the time and $35 would buy a lot of components.......and gasoline.

JHC :(

Interesting. Thought that was a purely Texas thing.

JHC

Just now, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

Interesting. Thought that was a purely Texas thing. I guess if I'd read your signature I'd have known.

JHC

Looks like someone took care of those grips, need to keep them oiled with the right oil or they dry out and crack. I have a new Colt 1911 "blue army" with ivory, but I got mine checkered, seller told me not to, checkered you can't see the grain and they look like plastic. He was right, every one thinks I have plastic grips.

33 minutes ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

I am not a 1911 fan, but that one could change my mind.

You are a fortunate man!  

My father has always had an eye for guns.  With the 1911 I got a Colt SAA in .357 and a Winchester 1897 (1950's?). My brother got a Walther PPK, a Colt AR, and a Remington 870 Wingmaster.

Those are absolutely gorgeous!!  ^_^

But what EVER you do... do not bring that pistol with those grips to California.  You might or might not be arrested, the pistol would be confiscated, and the grips would be given an official state funeral.  :(  :wacko:

You have a beautiful peace right there .

Congratulations 

I have my Grandfather's Remington Rand 1911 Army Issue that He Carried in the War and brought back home when he was discharged.

It's my Barbecue gun ! 

Archived