SASS Wire Forum

Arrggghhhhhh!!!!

Singin' Sue 71615

Online grocery shopping.

NEVER AGAIN!:(

Took me forever...got my confirmation/pick up time.

Then, just a bit ago says 2 items not available...

No biggie.

I go to the bottom of the screen, and there is a blue bar saying 'reorder all'.

Nothing that says next, skip, continue...

Just this bar.

So...

Now I get a prompt to choose day and time.

Wait...already done, so what's up?

New email...

NEW ORDER!!!:ph34r:

I go to my bank account, and yup...charged for second order.

So...now what???

I call the 800# and 'the foriegn guy' whom I can't understand is saying "uhumn" the whole time I am saying what I did...and after says "so you won't be charged for the missing items, so it is okay"

NOPE! CLICK!

I call local store...am told my 6pm order is ready...(there is meat on the oder, and pick up isn't for 2 more hours...pray meat is refridgerated!) and if I have a second order, I can just cancel when I get the reminder to pick up.

REALLY???

So wait untill someone has 'picked the order' and cancel then?

Sooooo....I get back on the email that confirmed the '2nd' order and remove all items.

Yup...it did not give cancel option...just remove all option. Wich then says "your order has been cancelled"

So...at least there is only 1 order to pick up...but what about the double hit on my bank account???

*if you used a debit or credit card, you will be refunded within the next 7 days.

If you use a pre-fill card or EBT card...you will be refunded in 3 hours.

:huh:

Sure glad I don't NEED that 'extra' $250 right now.

Never again!!! Oiy!!!

20211028_165400.jpg

Not only is ordering online a royal pita, it gets even more frustrating when attempting same using your phone! :angry:

32 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Singin Sue went shoppin

but the internet sent her a hoppin

She was spinnin in a whirl

discussed pretty girl

Now Singin Sue 

Is Singin the Blues.

..........Widder

I got the internet shopping, no cart pushin', I don't know what I'm gettin', outsourced tech help, double $$ charged , I hate this , BLUES!!!

(Bumpada,bumpada,bumpada, bumpada, bump.....A-DA! *ting)

Did the internet food shopping when I had a really bad case of the flu.   Only issue I had was the delivery guy brought it to my front door instead of leaving it at the entrance to the building, but he was way too nice and cheerful (in a thankless job) for me to say anything.

It is worth setting up an account on a desktop or laptop to get groceries delivered if you can't/shouldn't leave the house if you become sick.

5 minutes ago, Chantry said:

Did the internet food shopping when I had a really bad case of the flu.   Only issue I had was the delivery guy brought it to my front door instead of leaving it at the entrance to the building, but he was way too nice and cheerful (in a thankless job) for me to say anything.

It is worth setting up an account on a desktop or laptop to get groceries delivered if you can't/shouldn't leave the house if you become sick.

I get that.

I count my blessing there are enough folks I can contact to do shopping for me, if it came to that.

42 minutes ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

I get that.

I count my blessing there are enough folks I can contact to do shopping for me, if it came to that.

I had people volunteer to shop for me, but I wasn't willing to risk them getting sick.

I can't remember the last time I was that sick.  The 5 minute drive to get Covid tested (negative) was difficult for me.  I mostly slept for the first 3 days aside from feeding & walking the dog.  And it more than a week before I felt better.

4 minutes ago, Chantry said:

I had people volunteer to shop for me, but I wasn't willing to risk them getting sick.

I can't remember the last time I was that sick.  The 5 minute drive to get Covid tested (negative) was difficult for me.  I mostly slept for the first 3 days aside from feeding & walking the dog.  And it more than a week before I felt better.

Yup. I understand that.

But...they can leave things at the door.

Glad you are better.

One of my friends from my old policing job is now completely disabled.  He suffered a stroke a few years ago, and can hardly walk.  So he orders groceries online from Walmart, and they tell him when to come pick them up.  They even load the car for him.

The only problem is, the past six times in a row they have been late by over a 8-10 hours each time.  So he's sitting in the parking lot waiting, and very upset.  The most recent time, the store closed and they never gave him his groceries.

We love online grocery shopping and free delivery, we live a long way out of town here in our country area and they pack all the cold stuff in cooler bags.

We get an SMS TXT about 15 minutes before they are due to arrive which gives us time to put one of our not so friendly cattle dogs away so the delivery driver leaves in one piece.

We still can't believe that they do it and drive all the way out to our place!

My last bullet order was placed in my mailbox instead of by my entry door and it fell over. Ordering online has its usefulness, but it can be a bother.

We haven’t tried the “order online, pickup at the store” grocery shopping experience. 
My daughter did 3 or 4 times. She said it was okay but there were a few items that they gave her the wrong size or wrong weight, but overall she said it was”Okay”. 
She did have one order, maybe the last one, that had a couple of items missing and had to call the store. They actually had someone bring them to her house, which I thought was nice. 

3 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

We haven’t tried the “order online, pickup at the store” grocery shopping experience. 
My daughter did 3 or 4 times. She said it was okay but there were a few items that they gave her the wrong size or wrong weight, but overall she said it was”Okay”. 
She did have one order, maybe the last one, that had a couple of items missing and had to call the store. They actually had someone bring them to her house, which I thought was nice. 

It has it perks...but as you say, some down sides too.

It does say they 'may substitute' and things that are unavailable.

They send you an email stating those. THIS is where I had issue...I did not need to reorder...if I do not like the substitution, I remove that item.

I just want to have a store with a check out.

Archived