SASS Wire Forum

Locked out of Gunbroker

Nickel City Dude

About a week ago I tried to pay my Gunbroker bill.  I was trying to use a new Credit card and after several attempts to get it to accept the new card it told me that because of the failed attempts my account is locked.  I sent a message to customer service about a week ago but the only response I got was a computer generated reply telling me that they would respond within 48 hours.  The haven't responded and I can't find any other way to get in touch with them.  Does anyone know another way to contact them?  A phone number or a direct email address?  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for the reply, but yes I did check all junk files.  I just wish there was a phone number I could call to get to a real person instead of just a computer generated response.

2 hours ago, Tennessee williams said:

I had the same thing happen to me. I had to use the generic contact us email.

TW

Do you know the email you used or can you tell me where I can find it?

Just a couple other thoughts...

New card. Does it work elsewhere? If you have not tried it, go get some gas or groceries or something. Just take another form of payment with you in case it does not work.

Call the card issuing company to see if they have an explanation.

One explanation might be they do not do business with gun companies. This would be a change as while card companies have had policies against vendors/merchants using their services, I have not heard of this restriction for regular card holders (unlike PayPal, Venmo, and another one I don't recall).

TW & JK

I already tried using there support system several times and only got a computer generated response.  I will try the email address you gave me and see if I get a real response. 

14 minutes ago, Nickel City Dude said:

TW & JK

I already tried using there support system several times and only got a computer generated response.  I will try the email address you gave me and see if I get a real response. 

That's what I was saying it did to me too. They never actually told me they fixed it where I could use my new card. I sent the help ticket a couple times and finally just tried using the new card and they had cleared it.

This type of thing is not unique to GunBroker. 

In an attempt to maximize profits, to (they say) keep afloat, to make things more efficient, to increase upper management, and middle management salary's, they have initiated computers to handle the front line calls, and reactions...thus making it more difficult to talk to a human, and try to get some answers in a timely manner. Why pay a human a salary, benefits, vacation, stock options, a 401(k), when you can get a programmer, from B.F. Egypt, to write a program for a computer that will "interact" with the customer. I think they justify this by calling it "inevitable progress".    

A few months ago, when I was battling covid, and feeling like death eating cow patties, I finally was able to get to the water department, and paid a late fee for my water bill. I was one (1) day late. I paid extra because I was one day late. Then a week later, I got a letter from them saying I need to pay up or else my water would be cut off. The letter was, obviously, computer generated, and also obviously, the person, at the water department, that I paid my bill to, is unwilling, or unable, or too ignorant, to stop the letter, and the threat of having my water cut off. 

You will notice that a lot of places will not give you a phone number to call, just an e-mail address, or some other nebulous thing, so it will be more difficult to get in touch with them. 

It is simply bone-headed management decisions, by people that don't, and never had a clue, or training.  

I have a revelation for them....if they put the customer first, the money will be there. If they put money first, sooner or later, the customer will not be there. 

I cancelled a credit card, just yesterday, for that very reason. They don't care, because losing my business won't put any dents in their profit margin, but bottom line, I will spend my money elsewhere, and I will be happier. They can kiss my grits!!! Even better...I had a surplus on the credit card, so they owe me $140.00 !! :lol:

I wonder if I should send them a letter and threaten to charge them a late fee!!!  :D

What we need are servant-leaders...not bone-head leaders, and bone-head decisions, that we mostly have now.

21 hours ago, Tennessee williams said:

That's what I was saying it did to me too. They never actually told me they fixed it where I could use my new card. I sent the help ticket a couple times and finally just tried using the new card and they had cleared it.

Definitely try again like TW said.  Any issues I've ever had always took a long time and usually several messages sent through their generic contact.  I never received any communication back either, just sooner or later the "problem" was magically fixed.

Archived