SASS Wire Forum

Covid is cruel

Forty  Rod SASS 3935

Just got a call from a friend.  He got married a week ago today and they started a week-long honeymoon.  His 93 year old dad went long...a nice touch insisted on by the bride... and a strong old man.

Friday morning found all three in a hospital in Salt lake City.  The were diagnosed with COVID, but had very mild symptoms.   Zack, being Zack, drove them all back down here and the last five days of a seven day honeymoon were spent in quarantine with no or very minor symptoms and now they have another week of quarantine here.

Don't that just make you sick?

Daddy took us to Waxahachie for our 2 weeks at Papaws and Memaws.

He and Papaw went fishing on day one.

On day three, daddy was bed ridden and miserable with Poison Ivy!!!

Blistered, hot (no air conditioning) 90° weather and high humidity.

We felt horrible for him.

He litterally spent all but the last two days of vacation in bed.

Once home, his boss informed him that all he needed to do was call, send Dr. 'Note' and his vacation would be suspended untill he felt well enough to resume it!

He would have liked to know that info prior.

Illness of anykind is horrible.

Prayers your pals recover well.

The wife of a good friend is in the hospital now over in Utah. Not doing well. Not vaccinated. :(

To date, I have lost my brother-in-law and two female cousins, all in LTC homes, to Covid, all before the vaccine was available.

My wife, son and I opted to take the Pfizier vaccine and have received two doses.

We did not have any complications or reactions to the shots.

We intend to take the booster when it becomes available.

13 minutes ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

To date, I have lost my brother-in-law and two female cousins, all in LTC homes, to Covid, all before the vaccine was available.

My wife, son and I opted to take the Pfizier vaccine and have received two doses.

We did not have any complications or reactions to the shots.

We intend to take the booster when it becomes available.

Went in to get a flu shot last week and the pharmacist said, “We just got approval for Covid boosters yesterday. So I got a shot in each arm. Probably should have just done one. Had two sore arms all weekend. :(:lol:

6 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Went in to get a flu shot last week and the pharmacist said, “We just got approval for Covid boosters yesterday. So I got a shot in each arm. Probably should have just done one. Had two sore arms all weekend. :(:lol:

Although some docs say it's okay to get both the booster and flu shot at the same time, my wife and I elected to space them about 2 weeks apart. Had my high-powered flu shot, and waited 2 weeks due to availability of the VA's Phizer.  Wife got her Moderna Monday.  Arm still a little sore and she felt a little blah the next day. My booster may have bothered my stomach the next day (but with my stomach you can't be sure!).  Small price to pay to stay out of the hospital...or the grave!

Stay well and safe!

VA ladies advised me the this morning that YOU WILL BE HERE MONDAY MORNING AT 8:30 FOR YOU BOOSTER SHOT!

I don't dare argue with them.  It's like having seven wives.  (I wonder how my Mormon ancestors managed that  :huh: ) 

1 hour ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

VA ladies advised me the this morning that YOU WILL BE HERE MONDAY MORNING AT 8:30 FOR YOU BOOSTER SHOT!

I don't dare argue with them.  It's like having seven wives.  (I wonder how my Mormon ancestors managed that  :huh: ) 

............ BESTEST line this week .....   :lol:

I have lost my friend, also my diesel mechanic, to Covid. Age 39. That one I still find so hard to believe he is gone, after about 5-6 weeks.
Also three other associates of mine died along with him (ages 33, 36, 47) all within a 3 week span. 

Had my annual physical early last month and asked my doc (popular and highly regarded HMO) for the Pfizer booster.  Doc said that I was prioritized several weeks out.  

Two days later I walked into the local county health department - "roll up your sleeve!"

I will say that it kicked my butt.  Muscle and headaches for two days.  I will also say that I'll be at the head of the line should we need another.

Ironically, at the beginning of October I got sick.  REAL sick.  Doc had me COVID tested; negative.  Smoke and crappy air from the forest fires triggered asthmatic bronchitis.  Still wheezing and hacking and coughing, but no COVID.

My thoughts and prayers for those affected and who have lost people.  I know quite a few.

2 hours ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

............ BESTEST line this week .....   :lol:

Thank you....and it's all true, too.

One of them asked what they could do to help improve my quality of life.  I told her to take her clothes off.

Without missing a beat she told me she couldn't do that because her nurses oath forbid it.  Besides my heart is strong but not THAT strong.

I love my ladies.  They all have great senses of humor.

Vaccine - Noun - A substance used to stimulate the production of antibodies, and provide immunity against one, or several, diseases, prepared from the causative agent of a disease, it's products, or a synthetic substitute treated to act as an antigen without inducting the disease.

I am NOT saying you should, or should not, take the shot. That is your personal decision, and freedom states we should not be punished (such as being fired from our job) for making a choice about taking it, or not taking it.

Looking at some facts...

---Does the shot provide immunity from covid? - No.

In the County of Waterford, in Ireland, 99.7% of the adults have had the shot., yet, Waterford has the highest incidence of covid in Ireland.

A study in Sweden shows that after 210 days there is zero efficacy against symptomatic infection, after which there seems to be negative efficacy.

That means you have some resistance to it, for a while, and eventually the resistance seems to be negative resistance, or in other words, it attracts the disease!

The Swedish study also stated that the effectiveness of severe illness seems to remain high through nine months, although not for men, older frail individuals, and individuals with comorbidities. 

---Does the shot stop transmission of the disease? - No. 

United Kingdom data is showing that those that have had the shot are infected at a greater rate per capita, and in some places, at twice the rate, for every age group over 30. 

For those ages 40 to 80 years old, the "vaccinated" were more than twice as likely to test positive.

A recent article in the publication "Nature" stated, that "the spike protein of SARS-Cov-2 Variant A.3 is heavily mutated and evades vaccine-induced antibodies with high efficiency". 

There is a lot more, but what is the point to all this???

The point is that, by definition, this is not a vaccine. It may only address the symptoms, and those that have had the shot can still get it, and also still  transmit it, and can also still die from it. That there are places that have had nearly 99.7% vaccination rate, and yet the cases of covid have risen dramatically in spite of that. 

Looking at the arguments for, and against, taking this shot, it is clear that the jury is still out, if, indeed one looks at all sides of the issue, with some sort of an open mind. 

Also, reading and hearing both sides, it should become pretty evident as to why some take the shot, and some are still not convinced it is living up to the official hype. You have conflicting information about whether this shot works or not, or whether taking the shot makes matters worse. 

Whether I like it or not, or whether you like it or not, there IS conflicting information.  

It boils down to fear. Fear for some, at not getting the shot, and fear for others at getting the shot. Who is right, and who is wrong? 

As the old cowboy once said..."that remains to be saw".

As with all things, take steps to help yourself.

If you start coming down with ANYTHING, break out electric tea pot and steam yourself.
Covid lives in the nose and throat for awhile, before it goes down into the lungs.
Steam will kill it.

Covid is making its rounds through my daughter's hospital (again) and she and several of her team have contracted it (again).
As soon as she showed the signs, she started a steaming regimen and kept it out of her lungs.

The shot will not keep you from contracting covid, nor will the shot prevent you from infecting others.
All it will do is help reduce the impact of the infection.

It is a shame that the chronic amount of lies, deceit and politicization have soured the public against the shot, and gov't  in general and that rodent Fauci in particular.

The lie of "FDA approved" is just that... the version of the shot that is indeed FDA approved is for use in Europe only, and not the US.
As I understand it, first-time recipients of the shot are still required to sign the disclosure stating it is "experimental".
This is classic bait-and-switch, and further undermines any trust in the CDC or the gov't pushing the shot.
The Marxist mandates to get the shot further erodes public trust.

I've posted this before, and I'll post it again: I caught the Zombie Apocalypse when it first came ashore, January 2020, before it had a fancy name and a press agent. I haven't caught it since. Even when my wife, a CNA caught it, while wearing a mask, faceshield, gloves and gown. She works nights, so the two weeks we spent in quarantine were literally the longest time that we had spent in bed together in over twenty years of marriage. And I STILL didn't get it again. 

I've heard far more accounts of vaccinated people getting it than of people getting it a second time. Has it happened? Sure. Just rarely. 

This thing has long since ceased being a public health issue, it's a political issue. If you want to get stabbed, go ahead. The problem I have is the same problem I had with mask mandates: politicians telling the public what to do. It worked with the mask mandate, now they're pushing it to see if they can get us to do it again. 

I'll follow the science, not the political hype.  Thanks to  Waxahachie Kid and  bgavin for posting the science.

Archived