SASS Wire Forum

Paladin

Subdeacon Joe

Mr. Boone as Paladin is an example of casting perfection.  Watch an episode of Have Gun, Will Travel with the sound turned off and watch his facial expressions.  He gave an acting clinic every week.

I know his on screen colt didn’t have this.  However if I ever get a long bbl SAA, I’ll be tempted to get this grip.

E0F9CDA1-D414-498E-8903-0FFF62BCD8A3.jpeg

As a young cowboy, I used crayons to make my own Have Gun Will Travel card. 

Hand-Made  Hamilton

Paladin  spoke  about  his  “perfectly  balanced” hogleg  on  occasion, mostly  to  a  villain of  the  week,  and  it  was  described  at  various times  as  being  a “hand-made  Hamilton” with  a  “one-ounce  trigger”  and  a  unique rifled  barrel  for superior  accuracy (implying  other handguns  didn’t.

10 hours ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

He was great as a villain. The Tall T; Hombre. None better, a great Western actor.

58 minutes ago, Trigger Mike said:

He was good, but no match for Big Jake.  

I was just thing of his Thane character in Big Jake, but he certainly held his own on screen when he and the Duke were together. I always wished they would have made another movie together as allies, that would have been something.

I always thought he was a terrific Western actor. I always liked the difference in his "town clothes" and "working clothes" personas in Paladin.

Also, loved his delivery of a brief speech to John Wayne and Catherine Hepburn, sitting in their carriage,  in The Shootist

30 minutes ago, DeaconKC said:

I was just thing of his Thane character in Big Jake, but he certainly held his own on screen when he and the Duke were together. I always wished they would have made another movie together as allies, that would have been something.

The Alamo, playing Crockett and Houston.  

29 minutes ago, sassnetguy50 said:

The Alamo, playing Crockett and Houston.  

Thanks! I had forgotten that!

When I was a kid, we used to say that his full name was "Wire Paladin" since that's what his business card said. One of my buds said that, whenever Hey Boy or Hey Girl needed to get his attention from across the room, they would call out, "Hey Wire!"

1 hour ago, Capt. R. Hugh Kidnme said:

I always thought he was a terrific Western actor. I always liked the difference in his "town clothes" and "working clothes" personas in Paladin.

Also, loved his delivery of a brief speech to John Wayne and Catherine Hepburn, sitting in their carriage,  in The Shootist

That was Lauren Bacall in the Shootist. Kate Hepburn was in Rooster Cogburn.

Yes, like Sheldon Cooper, I can be be annoying sometimes...^_^

Another great Richard Boone movie is: 

"His name is Madron"

Archived