SASS Wire Forum

Bandana help

Buckshot Bear

G'day pards,

How does one get a bandana like the one below on the Duke? What shape and size material do you start off

with to get the bandana to tie and look like that? My wife Jenorado will be sewing it for me.

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.c1f9ebb8ac6e22128cc621259567da23.jpg

My best estimate would be 36" square.  I make 45" ones but they hang like Tom Selleck's on Quigley Down Under.  You can always cut them down so begin larger and go from there.

1 minute ago, Black Hills Barb said:

My best estimate would be 36" square.  I make 45" ones but they hang like Tom Selleck's on Quigley Down Under.  You can always cut them down so begin larger and go from there.

Appreciated !

3 minutes ago, Chancy Shot, SASS #67163 said:

Now that you have a wild rag, how do you tie it????  Probably need the 36" one for this.

Chancy

Wow....terrific..... thank you !!!!

Now they are coming up in my YT feed :)

20 minutes ago, Chancy Shot, SASS #67163 said:

Now that you have a wild rag, how do you tie it????  Probably need the 36" one for this.

Chancy

I'd get a "P" for not being able to do the steps in the right order.:P

If you look closely at this picture it shows how long the tails of a 45" bandana are even when it's tied with the cowboy knot.  The cowboy knot is as shown in the picture from Branchwater Jack.  I like the 45" for this because I can slip it over my head rather than untie & retie it all the time.
May be an image of 3 people, including Darcy Hvh Snyder and Barb Snyder, people standing and outdoors

Archived