SASS Wire Forum

Land Run 2022 Registration

Rootin Tootin

I have never been to a match bigger than a State match but I really want to go to Land Run, at least once in my life.  I have no expectations of winning anything,I just want to go and see vendors, meet people from many different areas, and have fun shooting.  Hope all of us who want to go can go.

2 hours ago, Dream Chaser, SASS #79316 said:

I have never been to a match bigger than a State match but I really want to go to Land Run, at least once in my life.  I have no expectations of winning anything,I just want to go and see vendors, meet people from many different areas, and have fun shooting.  Hope all of us who want to go can go.

You should go they put on a great event.

Can’t say enough good about this match and the good people that put it on, outstanding in every respect!

15 hours ago, Dream Chaser, SASS #79316 said:

I’ve been to Landrun once in 2020 and was such fun. I love any match - monthly to EOT - in fact so much that I started a shooting related business… matches are “work” for me! :wub:  

Seriously, Landrun is a very well run and well organized match with good stages! They have a whole range that is dedicated to cowboy so there’s really neat permanent set ups - saloon - a HUGE one - mine, livery, etc. 

Bigger matches are fun because you get to meet so many “distant relatives” that you only know on the wire or Facebook. 

Hope to see you there in less than a year!

Hugs!

Scarlett

2 hours ago, Dingo and Sixgun said:

Dingo and I have never been to Landrun, but have it on our bucket list. Can anyone tell me about RV camping at the range or places nearby?

Thanks, 

Sixgun

They have electric/water on range, dry camping...and around the corner at the shotgun range there is hookups (not sure if they are full)

The electric fills quick.

4 hours ago, Dingo and Sixgun said:

Dingo and I have never been to Landrun, but have it on our bucket list. Can anyone tell me about RV camping at the range or places nearby?

Thanks, 

Sixgun

Pictures of the camping area are on the Facilities page.  The RV area is as nice as pictured and the sites on the cowboy range are incredibly handy to the shooting bays.  There are two campgrounds near Arcadia Lake that get good online reviews.  A fellow on my posse the last time I shot Land Run said he would not return to Abe's RV Park.  Based on the online reviews I agree with him.  If I can't get an electric/water site on range I will just dry camp.  I won't need A/C in October.  The on range shower facilities will allow me to dry camp for the entire match.

BTW, the match banquet at the Cowboy Museum alone is worth the trip.

7 hours ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

They have electric/water on range, dry camping...and around the corner at the shotgun range there is hookups (not sure if they are full)

The electric fills quick.

Can you book a RV site with electric and water on the range before registration for the match is opened up? Just wondering on how they could be full now.  Do locals have first choice on booking them?

Kajun

34 minutes ago, Krazy Kajun said:

Can you book a RV site with electric and water on the range before registration for the match is opened up? Just wondering on how they could be full now.  Do locals have first choice on booking them?

Kajun

Sorry Kajun...I meant full hookup, as in electric/water/sewer .

I do not believe they allow spots to be booked early for those shooting the match...allow I am not positive. 

I would go to them and ask that question.;)

Just now, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Sorry Kajun...I meant full hookup, as in electric/water/sewer .

I do not believe they allow spots to be booked early for those shooting the match...allow I am not positive. 

I would go to them and ask that question.;)

Sorry if I caused anyone confusion on the RV sites.

I know there will be a group of us staying at Twin Fountain RV Resort. They have a restaurant, bar and social area on site. It is owned by a Marine and the bar is decorated with old army photos. The bar was a sports bar that had a sign that said "No NFL Game will be shown in this bar due to kneeling" It was the best sports bar I have been ever been in.

Make sure you are looking at the right RV Resort, make sure it has the Simper Fi Bar and Grill.

I have stayed at the Twin Fountains RV Park several times during Land Run and other times. It is a very nice park with good hook ups and very friendly people. Highly recommended.

Jax T

106617 L

I’m looking forward to Land Run 2022. I went last year, those folks put on a great match. And the banquet venue is terrific!

we stayed at a house in Edmund, found on Airbnb. 30 minutes from range. Easy drive. Cheaper than hotel, more comfortable, was able to park in garage (did not have to haul guns in/out of hotel every day). As there are no restaurants in near range (other than Pops 66) you are probably driving most days to eat somewhere anyway.  2 or 3 shooters could share a house and have a nice setup.  

I’ll be reserving one soon! 

I've been checking the website every day for the past few weeks...I don't want to miss the first big match of my "retirement years".

On 11/2/2021 at 10:39 AM, Diamond Jake said:

I've been checking the website every day for the past few weeks...I don't want to miss the first big match of my "retirement years".

I got an e-mail this morning at 9:05 AM with forms to enter both the CAS and WB matches.  Electronic entry was unavailable at this time.  I completed the forms and mailed them via express mail seven minutes before my post office closed.  I really want onsite camping with electricity.  It's hard to believe but I will shoot Elder Statesman next year.

1 hour ago, Edward R S Canby, SASS#59971 said:

I got an e-mail this morning at 9:05 AM with forms to enter both the CAS and WB matches.  Electronic entry was unavailable at this time.  I completed the forms and mailed them via express mail seven minutes before my post office closed.  I really want onsite camping with electricity.  It's hard to believe but I will shoot Elder Statesman next year.

So where can others who did not get this advance email get the registration forms. 

Kajun

My entry just went in the Mail :D   YeeHawwwwww

I betcha it'll be online Purdy Quik !

4 hours ago, Major Art Tillery said:

Yeah my thoughts as well.

You download and print from the email. Electronic is not up yet.

2 minutes ago, Jackaroo, # 29989 said:

You download and print from the email. Electronic is not up yet.

These are folks interested in LR, that have not shot it before and did not recieve the email...and it is not accessable at this time, other than the email. That is my understanding.

Just now, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

These are folks interested in LR, that have not shot it before and did not recieve the email...and it is not accessable at this time, other than the email. That is my understanding.

Correct. Sue.

Folks this is the best match, at one of the best ranges in the country and by far the best banquet venue ever.

How do I know, we lived theer for 5 years, OKC was our home club, and it's the best run match by far, by some of the best folks I know. and we travelled all over the usa shooting.

Isn't that so Sue? :wub:

Can we make it back next year from the Aussie gulag, who knows, flying was chore before Covid, it's now a frigging nightmare.:wacko: especially out of this joint.

11 minutes ago, Jackaroo, # 29989 said:

Correct. Sue.

Folks this is the best match, at one of the best ranges in the country and by far the best banquet venue ever.

How do I know, we lived theer for 5 years, OKC was our home club, and it's the best run match by far, by some of the best folks I know. and we travelled all over the usa shooting.

Can we make it back next year from the Aussie gulag, who knows, flying was chore before Covid, it's now a frigging nightmare.:wacko: especially out of this joint.

I would sincerely like to attend this match; but allowing certain shooters priority entry in advance of your FIRST time hosting the National Championships is going to put a sour taste in the mouths of some.

Roy’s Creek Dan attended our club’s state black powder match last weekend and said they’ll be able to handle up to 750 shooters, which is a LOT.  Here’s the text of the email. There’s nothing going on to be offended about. 

+++++++++++

Hello shooters,

Our online registration will be ready soon, but as we had your email address, we thought we'd send you the application. Perhaps, we hope, it will spread our work load out a little bit, enabling us to respond in a timely manner to the hundreds of applications we expect to receive in a very short period of time. It's up to you whether to complete this form and mail it in with a check, or wait until on-line registration opens and pay by credit card. Please note, our new webpage will not be active until on-line registration opens, so you will find all the available information below.

Everyone here at the Oklahoma Territorial Marshals looks forward to hearing from you soon!

7 hours ago, Jackaroo, # 29989 said:

Correct. Sue.

I sure hope to see you back!!!

Yes, we love LR!

You had to have done Land Run before. I'm sure it will be up soon.

Archived