SASS Wire Forum

UPDATE Wolff 30oz trigger springs

Email from Wolff

Matt,

We appreciate the emails and the pictures. We have pulled springs from some of our previous batches and they are slightly longer, you are correct. The other issue we have noticed is the wire is physically slightly thicker. While it was listed at the same size, the ten thousandths decimal value was a little higher and this may have played into some of the factor as well.

We have pulled a few guns at our factory and we are going to be doing more in house testing. Likely what is going to happen is we will get a new batch into production. Once they are done, we will be glad to send replacement springs. Oddly enough, we have had no calls about these until last week a few have popped up. I have you on our list that has effected customers to send replacements to.

Thank you

Sean Wolff

W.C. Wolff Company

They wrote me of as crazy for a while. I told them I’ve installed hundreds of their springs in the guns I sell. They must have looked at how many I’ve ordered over the years. It still took two rounds of pictures and other folks to call before they realized there’s a problem. The first email I sent was never even answered. I’m glad they finally realized there is a bad run of these springs. Everyone with these springs needs to call. 

9 hours ago, John Barleycorn, SASS #76982 said:

They wrote me of as crazy for a while. I told them I’ve installed hundreds of their springs in the guns I sell. They must have looked at how many I’ve ordered over the years. It still took two rounds of pictures and other folks to call before they realized there’s a problem. The first email I sent was never even answered. I’m glad they finally realized there is a bad run of these springs. Everyone with these springs needs to call. 

Outstanding results. Would it be possible to post up the measurements again or link to your original thread?

Today I installed a set of Wolff springs with the 32 oz trigger return spring as part if the kit.  I immediately noticed the trigger pull was heavy near the end of trigger travel and it felt like there was zero overtravel for the trigger.  What JB is describing is the spring measurement from the mounting pin to the end resting on the trigger is longer by a bunch and restricts the rear movement of the trigger just at the moment of hammer release.  Trigger feels like it comes up against a trigger resest and requires more effort to trip the hammer.  I put the oem spring back in with a little bend to ease the sension and now works fine.

I purchased these spring about two weeks ago and clearly there is a problem Wolffe Gun Springs needs to address and issue a recall.

On 10/28/2021 at 8:22 AM, Hendo said:

Outstanding results. Would it be possible to post up the measurements again or link to your original thread?

I didn’t measure but I’ll post the pic I sent. The one on the left is an older on I had the one on the right is the problem spring.

2D612C77-41E9-4DAA-83EB-1B4DFC611ADA.jpeg

1 hour ago, John Barleycorn, SASS #76982 said:

I didn’t measure but I’ll post the pic I sent. The one on the left is an older on I had the one on the right is the problem spring.

2D612C77-41E9-4DAA-83EB-1B4DFC611ADA.jpeg

Wow, that's a big difference. I'll have to go check the springs I bought. I have a pistol that I changed out the springs on and the trigger would randomly "bind up" until I put the stock trigger spring back in.

Thanks.

Archived