SASS Wire Forum

Trespassers

Utah Bob #35998

As I enjoyed my coffee and reading a book in the yard the other day…..

I guess I need to get some Off Turkey Repellent.

I can hear em but can't see em!

I dunno? Maybe the file’s too big.

The second group of about 12 took a turn and went over toward the man cave. I checked later to make sure they didn't steal anything. They are untrustworthy.

I prefer Butterball from the store personally. Not fond of the wild birds.

Just now, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

The turkeys that move into the cities, towns around here quickly become stupid. If they are relocated into the woods, instead of foraging for food under the snow they will teach the wild birds how to find garbage cans.

Sounds pretty smart to me. B)

If you don't want them crapping on your concrete driveway, walkways & patio get a dog.  The worst damage they do is roost on cars & trucks.  Crap is the least of it. their claws scratch the paint job.   Wild turkeys in areas where they weren't years ago so they are not heavily hunted are not like birds in states where they have been hunted for centuries.  I lived in CA from birth in 1946 until Dec 31 2012.  The 1st time I saw wild turkeys was in 1990 on the grounds of Folsom prison.  It was at least 5 years latter that is saw them anywhere else.   There was one Turkey Day at my daughters house where the turkey was one she shot on here patio with a snub nosed 38.  I was surprised that it wasn't gamey.  That was the last time she saw turkeys close enough to shoot with anything but a rifle.

If you want to go thru the time & money to get "can" use a lever, pump or bolt action 22 so you can use colibri ammo.  Auto loading 22's won't extract, eject & load.  The other advantage of a manually operated gun is the is no noise contribution from the bolt or gas escaping the opening breech.  A lever action rifle with a pic rail, 1x optic & can is very tacti-cool.  I prefer a holographic sight with selectable dot sizes & ring.  The 1st one I bought was in 1998 which I installed on my Remington 1100; since I had a difficult time tracking ducks just after sunup.  I couldn't see the front bead.

Archived