SASS Wire Forum

Watching Paint Dry

Subdeacon Joe

The early 90s. I was working for a company in Chesapeake, and we were making a modular doctor's office for Egypt. Building it out of three connex shipping containers, that would be shipped over to Egypt and then bolted together. Each container would have two air conditioning units in it - these units were made for the overhead crane in steel mills and blast furnaces. They put out some cold.

Anyway - I was a flunky and the guy that I was flunkying for and I were painting trim. We had just put a coat on, and the trim was sitting on the sawhorses drying, and we were just kicked back against the wall BSing. The president of the company walked by and glanced in and saw us apparently doing nothing, and jump down our throats. WHAT THE HELL DO YOU TWO THINK YOU'RE DOING??

My superior says, "We're watchin' paint dry boss".

Boss man looks at us for a minute, then walk saw shaking his head. My boss says, "I have always wanted to say that".

I'm slow on the uptake this noontime, my apologies.

Infrared.

I corn fused this with the Ultra Violent we use for disinfection at the treatment plant (very glad to get rid of chlorine disinfection!)

UV can cause blindness -- I was wondering what eye protection the driver was issued -- then I realized (nok nok ... hello, Einstein ... it ain't the same!) -- pardon me ... old age ... stress ... three or four other flimsy excuses ...

26 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

...... you guys ever tried to watch cricket ?   :wacko:

Oh, I've tried... I've tried.  :mellow:

40 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

13 minutes ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Oh, I've tried... I've tried.  :mellow:

....... so have I, .... without any pleasurable success, I might add ......   <_<

4 hours ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

Noisely little buggers but kinda fun to watch just before you squash them.

Archived